Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jose Arredondo

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Jose Arredondo

Reds signed him this winter. He had TJ surgery. Anyone know how he's coming along?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jose Arredondo

I asked John Fay on twitter if he had heard any updates on Arredondo. His reponse:

Have you heard any updates on Jose Arredondo?//Rehabbing in Ariz. Going well. Surgery was 2/2, so he'll ready for ST

http://twitter.com/johnfayman

I think his surgery was in January. I haven't heard anything about his surgery itself and that's about all that you could expect to hear this soon. He shouldn't be throwing yet. But he should be reconditioning with weight training. I'll send Matt Andrews an e-mail and ask if he can get any report on his rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I asked John Fay on twitter if he had heard any updates on Arredondo. His reponse:

Have you heard any updates on Jose Arredondo?//Rehabbing in Ariz. Going well. Surgery was 2/2, so he'll ready for ST

http://twitter.com/johnfayman
    Good lookin' out OBM, I'm hopeful he will be a good high leverage arm for us sometime early next season. Lord knows we need another one.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I think he'll make a nice addition to the middle of the bullpen

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I think he'll make a nice addition to the middle of the bullpen
    When healthy he has closer stuff.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Yep. Hope his rehab goes well and Masset continues his turn around, finishes this year strong and keeps it up next year. I think Masset is the key to the bullpen. I love Coco, but I'd give anything if they could find a taker this offseason and move his remaining conract off the books this offseason.

Its very likely he could end up replacing Cordero. I would think Walt is planning for this. Hopefully he does replace Cordero, it would be a huge coup not to have to pay our closer 10 million or so a year.

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Its very likely he could end up replacing Cordero. I would think Walt is planning for this. Hopefully he does replace Cordero, it would be a huge coup not to have to pay our closer 10 million or so a year.
    More like $13M i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    More like $13M i believe.
    Ya, checked Cot's its 12m, that's alot of money for 70 innings a year, and it hurts even more now that he's below average in comparison to his peers in everything including peripherals.

Its funny that Arredondo is very similar to a young cordero, hes the type of guy who walks a tightrope of Ks and walks, the moment the k rate goes below 8 or so these guys are usually toast, cause of their walk rate.

It'll be interesting to see what Arredondo's control looks like when he comes back, i wonder how much time, if any, he'll spend in the minors. Might be good for him to spend a few months down in AAA, but with the way the reds bullpen has been this year, I doubt he'll have that luxury if he shows the "closer" stuff in ST next year that made him effective for one of his two seasons in Anaheim, and doesn't walk every other batter.

From John Fay:

–RHP Jose Arrendondo remains in Goodyear, Ariz., rehabbing fro Feb. 2 Tommy John surgery. Reports on Arrendondo, who signed a minor league deal with the Reds in January, are good. He’s progressing like Edinson Volquez was early on.

He was 10-2 with a 1.62 ERA with Anaheim in 2008. He slipped to 2-3 with a 6.00 ERA last when dealing with the elbow issue.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...er-arrendondo/

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    From John Fay:

He’s progressing like Edinson Volquez was early on.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...er-arrendondo/
    Under the circumstances of Edinson's "recovery," I'm not sure thats a good comparison to make.

Quote Originally Posted by zjr1717 View Post
    Under the circumstances of Edinson's "recovery," I'm not sure thats a good comparison to make.
    I thought Edinsons recovery has went about as smooth as one could expect, did I miss something?

--Woody Hayes

I thought Edinsons recovery has went about as smooth as one could expect, did I miss something?
    Edinson's suspension because of steroid usage is what I believe was being alluded to.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Edinson's suspension because of steroid usage is what I believe was being alluded to.
    He was just trying to start a family.

Turn Off Ads?