Turn Off Ads?

Thread: anyone know the Reds record with Keels in the booth?

anyone know the Reds record with Keels in the booth?

I'm starting to worry about his influence!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: anyone know the Reds record with Keels in the booth?

He's terrible, I know that much.

I can't believe he actually 'jinxed' the Perfect Game last night by talking about it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I love Paul Keels' work at Ohio State but he is just brutal as a baseball play-by-play man.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I dunno, but I'm going to explain the difference between a perfect game and a no-hitter to him if I ever see him.

And he tempts fate again by suggesting that Rollins hasn't been hitting well since coming off the DL.

1-0 Phils.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

All I know is that I was listening to Marty for the beginning of Wood's start Saturday because I wasn't near a TV. Around the fifth inning I finally got home, but I asked myself, "History could be in the making here. Do I want my memory of it to be narrated by Marty Brennaman or by Paul Keels?" The TV stayed off.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    All I know is that I was listening to Marty for the beginning of Wood's start Saturday because I wasn't near a TV. Around the fifth inning I finally got home, but I asked myself, "History could be in the making here. Do I want my memory of it to be narrated by Marty Brennaman or by Paul Keels?" The TV stayed off.
    I just hope Keels gets better. He had Votto struck out for 30 seconds on a 2nd strike. He also mentioned twice how great a pitchers duel this was in Cincinnati.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I love Paul Keels' work at Ohio State but he is just brutal as a baseball play-by-play man.
    These are my feelings also. I enjoy Keels for the Buckeye games (both hoops and football), but so far have found him sorely lacking for Reds broadcasts. I am pretty open to our different styles of announcers the Reds employ (it seems there are about a dozen of them!), but Paul's work so far has disappointed me. I went into the season thinking he would certainly be OK, and definitely was not looking to nitpick his perfromance (I generally don't as a matter of course) but for some reason he has not jibed with my "listening preferences" for baseball games and his mistakes seem to bug me more than others'. It is now to the point where I am honestly a bit disappointed when I find out he is in the booth. The positive from the TV side (admittedly completely unrelated to Paul) is that I finally got Fox Sports Ohio in HD!!
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    It is now to the point where I am honestly a bit disappointed when I find out he is in the booth.
    Same here.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Senor Votto

I'd rather have George... and that's bad

High five!

George showing that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone!

Cowboy and Welsh seem to be the most knowledgeable.

Think about that for a minute!

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

I dont mind Keels. He has a cozy feeling when he talks but he does say "....excuuuuuse me..." when he makes one of his oft mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    These are my feelings also. I enjoy Keels for the Buckeye games (both hoops and football), but so far have found him sorely lacking for Reds broadcasts. I am pretty open to our different styles of announcers the Reds employ (it seems there are about a dozen of them!), but Paul's work so far has disappointed me. I went into the season thinking he would certainly be OK, and definitely was not looking to nitpick his perfromance (I generally don't as a matter of course) but for some reason he has not jibed with my "listening preferences" for baseball games and his mistakes seem to bug me more than others'. It is now to the point where I am honestly a bit disappointed when I find out he is in the booth. The positive from the TV side (admittedly completely unrelated to Paul) is that I finally got Fox Sports Ohio in HD!!
    Agree, I love Keels on the Ohio State broadcasts, I think it comes down to the fact that basketball and football, don't allow the down time. The color guy comes in and breaks down the how between plays, and then he is back to PBP. In baseball, he really struggles in the time between plays. He does fine with the PBP, but he grates on me when he starts to interject. Stick to the PBP, and let the color guy add the flair.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Keels is awful. I wonder how long they signed him on for.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I had never heard Keels until this season. My first reaction was that he was another Buckeye shill, and I've heard nothing from him to make me change that opinion. He obviously knows Reds trivia (though no more than many of us do), but his work on the mike is wholly uninspiring. Mark me down for one who prefers Thom and George over him.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?