Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DO SOMETHING, Walt

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

DO SOMETHING, Walt

We're in first place entering the break...depending on the outcomes of today's games, we're either 1 or 2 games in front.

This Reds team, as presently constructed, cannot win this division. Sell me all the "We Have a New Ace Coming with Edinson Volquez!~" crap you think you can move....I am not buying any of it. It's just an excuse.

Texas just acquired Cliff Lee for Justin Smoak, essentially. We took Yonder Alonso before Smoak. I would have to think we floated Alonso in front of the M's...Alonso is becoming a huge bust.

Trade Mesorasco. Trade Alsonso. Trade whatever the hell you have to trade to keep us in contention and put us in a position to win in the playoffs. It's not as though we're in this position every other year. Prospects are great but they are just prospects.....we've had our fair share of them lately.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: DO SOMETHING, Walt

I agree completely. We need upgrades in LF, CF, and SS in some way. Whoever out there in general who has a big bat and is consistent. We need relief pitching badly, and that is one of the cheapest things to acquire come trade deadline.

The silver lining to this should be a cold slap in the face to Reds management if they actually have the cohones to make a move for a change. I want to be searching MLB Trade Rumors every day hearing about another player the Reds are trying to acquire.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

For the moment, I'm sick of Stubbs, Bruce and OCab. Starting to get sick of Gomes lately too. None of them are adding anything to the offense. Bruce and Stubbs have become K machines.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Whatever you do Walt, just don't panic like us fans are after this sweep.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    No...Walt...just stand pat and watch the one opportunity we've had to make the playoffs in the past 15 years evaporate.

Don't kid yourself, my friend...we are in rarefied air here. There is no doubt whatsoever that we need to make some moves in order to stay in contention.

We didn't score the day before...we almost let a rookie lose a pefect game because we couldn't push across a single run.

We didn't score today and lost 1-0.

I think it's time to address the offense. Not counting whatever runs we may have scored Thursday, we're at least at 18 scoreless innings.

Did we even push a run across in Seattle?

Trade Mesorasco. Trade Alonso. Trade Frazier. We're going into the break up one game. We're not normally here. Do what you have to do to win THIS YEAR, Walt.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Harang, Stubbs, Alonso, Francisco, Mesoraco, Frazier to KC for Greinke and Dejesus.

Harang comes off the books next year. I'd even throw in the $2M for the buyout.
    Stubbs is making me sick with all his K's and he's overrated defensively no matter what anyone on this board says.
    Alonso is position blocked.
    Francisco is position blocked.
    Frazier is overrated and is a throw in.
    Mesoraco is the only one I'd regret trading.
    Heck, throw in Maloney and LeCure.

Who else can we throw in that deal? Bruce maybe? I'm sick of him too.

I'm glad the AS break is here. This Reds team is exhausting.

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    I am with you. Panic is what led to "the trade."

I don't think anyone would take Harang in a trade. In my wildest hopes and dreams they would, but not in reality.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Just shows that the offense had been playing way over their head in June. We outhit the Phillies again today, just can't get the runs in!

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    No...Walt...just stand pat and watch the one opportunity we've had to make the playoffs in the past 15 years evaporate.

Don't kid yourself, my friend...we are in rarefied air here. There is no doubt whatsoever that we need to make some moves in order to stay in contention.

We didn't score the day before...we almost let a rookie lose a pefect game because we couldn't push across a single run.

We didn't score today and lost 1-0.

I think it's time to address the offense. Not counting whatever runs we may have scored Thursday, we're at least at 18 scoreless innings.

Did we even push a run across in Seattle?

Trade Mesorasco. Trade Alonso. Trade Frazier. We're going into the break up one game. We're not normally here. Do what you have to do to win THIS YEAR, Walt.
    I didn't say "don't make any moves." I said "don't panic." You, my friend are panicking. Walt can make a deal, but he has to keep his head straight and make sure he doesn't overpay.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

No one is suggesting he overpays, he just needs to understand his line of "liking the team" and being fine staying where we are, isn't getting it done. I know the asking price drops for most in the next couple weeks, but the wheels have to come in motion on this to get some help in.

This REDS team, as presently constructed, can win this division.

However, Walt is probably looking to win the World Series. For that, he'll probably make an addition (or two) to the team over the next 7-14 days.

theres no question yonder is going to be traded at some point. as i see it, we're in first, this can be the year that puts us into the playoffs. we have no idea what other teams might do in the future, or how we'll fair in the future. package a deal using alonso as the center piece, and put us over the top for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    This REDS team, as presently constructed, can win this division.

However, Walt is probably looking to win the World Series. For that, he'll probably make an addition (or two) to the team over the next 7-14 days.
    Winning the division is a small victory.

The Bengals have made the playoffs twice in the last 4 to 5 years and lost both of their first games in the postseason. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

I'm sure just getting to the postseason isn't exactly going to fire up the Reds fans.

And I think they're only good enough to get there. I don't see them beating either the East or West champion. We've got to many holes still.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyerFanatic View Post
    theres no question yonder is going to be traded at some point. as i see it, we're in first, this can be the year that puts us into the playoffs. we have no idea what other teams might do in the future, or how we'll fair in the future. package a deal using alonso as the center piece, and put us over the top for this year.
    I think you are right on here. Can't really see trading anyone that we have in the bigs. Yonder is not going to smell time at 1st, but is still a great prospect that someone else could trade for,

Turn Off Ads?