Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 0-4: How painful was this series?

Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

I wouldnt get too caught up in the fact we lost 4 in a row. We played 4 very good games but came up just a little short to a very good team. Woods game was especially exciting. How long has it been since we had a no hitter let alone a perfect game! We are still in first and the Cards havent really done anything to make me believe that they are going to go on a long winning spree.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's baseball, streaks and losses like these happen. Just be thankful they're happening in July and not at the end of September.

Is getting swept in a 4 game series by a total of 5 runs a sign that you're manager is not quite up to par with what a contending team should have? The Reds players certainly didn't play any worse than the Phillies did.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Is getting swept in a 4 game series by a total of 5 runs a sign that you're manager is not quite up to par with what a contending team should have? The Reds players certainly didn't play any worse than the Phillies did.
    I dont know about that, but I do believe that Baker is to blame for Leakes loss. With all the talk about watching his innings pitched, he should have never been sent out to pitch the 9th inning.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanIN View Post
    I dont know about that, but I do believe that Baker is to blame for Leakes loss. With all the talk about watching his innings pitched, he should have never been sent out to pitch the 9th inning.
    I really don't get this argument. He had thrown 85 pitches. He had thrown 95+ on 11 different occasions before Friday night. Him going out for the 9th was not a problem. You could argue that he should have been taken out after he gave up a couple hits, but saying he shouldn't have even gone out for the 9th? Hogwash.
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 07-12-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanIN View Post
    im sure he could pitch 9 with less than 100 balls thrown

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    I really don't get this argument. He had thrown 85 pitches. He had thrown 95+ on 11 different occasions before Friday night. Him going out for the 9th was not a problem. You could argue that he should have been taken out after he gave up a couple hits, but saying he shouldn't have even gone out for the 9th? Hogwash.
    Agreed. I dont think it was Dusty's fault. Leake was in the zone all night. I think he took him out at the right time too after the HR. All Cordero had to do was get the bottom 2 hitters in the lineup out, and wha-la. I guess that was to much to ask of him.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Turn Off Ads?