Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: 0-4: How painful was this series?

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    27

    Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

    I wouldnt get too caught up in the fact we lost 4 in a row. We played 4 very good games but came up just a little short to a very good team. Woods game was especially exciting. How long has it been since we had a no hitter let alone a perfect game! We are still in first and the Cards havent really done anything to make me believe that they are going to go on a long winning spree.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    70

    Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

    It's baseball, streaks and losses like these happen. Just be thankful they're happening in July and not at the end of September.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    860

    Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

    Is getting swept in a 4 game series by a total of 5 runs a sign that you're manager is not quite up to par with what a contending team should have? The Reds players certainly didn't play any worse than the Phillies did.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denver CO
    Posts
    27

    Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

    Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Is getting swept in a 4 game series by a total of 5 runs a sign that you're manager is not quite up to par with what a contending team should have? The Reds players certainly didn't play any worse than the Phillies did.
    I dont know about that, but I do believe that Baker is to blame for Leakes loss. With all the talk about watching his innings pitched, he should have never been sent out to pitch the 9th inning.

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Umm...Bama
    Posts
    764

    Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanIN View Post
    I dont know about that, but I do believe that Baker is to blame for Leakes loss. With all the talk about watching his innings pitched, he should have never been sent out to pitch the 9th inning.
    I really don't get this argument. He had thrown 85 pitches. He had thrown 95+ on 11 different occasions before Friday night. Him going out for the 9th was not a problem. You could argue that he should have been taken out after he gave up a couple hits, but saying he shouldn't have even gone out for the 9th? Hogwash.
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 07-12-2010 at 01:04 AM.

  7. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,506

    Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanIN View Post
    I dont know about that, but I do believe that Baker is to blame for Leakes loss. With all the talk about watching his innings pitched, he should have never been sent out to pitch the 9th inning.
    im sure he could pitch 9 with less than 100 balls thrown

  8. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Logan/Huntington, WV
    Posts
    458

    Re: 0-4: How painful was this series?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    I really don't get this argument. He had thrown 85 pitches. He had thrown 95+ on 11 different occasions before Friday night. Him going out for the 9th was not a problem. You could argue that he should have been taken out after he gave up a couple hits, but saying he shouldn't have even gone out for the 9th? Hogwash.
    Agreed. I dont think it was Dusty's fault. Leake was in the zone all night. I think he took him out at the right time too after the HR. All Cordero had to do was get the bottom 2 hitters in the lineup out, and wha-la. I guess that was to much to ask of him.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

    Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

    Washington Wizards


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25