Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball-related diversions for the All-Star break

Baseball-related diversions for the All-Star break

Just in case anyone goes through withdrawal, I think we should fill this thread with some baseball goodies for the next few days. This video is a heck of a good time. (apologies if it's ever been posted before...)

YouTube - No Mas Presents: Dock Ellis & The LSD No-No by James Blagden
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball-related diversions for the All-Star break

The MLB Network is showing some past All Star Games. Last night they showed the 1965 game. Costas said it was the first time it had been seen since it originally aired. Pete Rose.Leo Cardenas,Frank Robinson and Jim Malonly from the Reds were in this game. I only saw the first three innings but have it on DVR to watch. interesting to watch and see how much TV has changed in 45 years. The camera used most was directly behind home plate not from CF. It was in B/W and the picture quality certainly wasn't HD or even digital quality. Jack Buck and Joe Garagiola were the announcers and the game was in the daytime.
    They are also showing the 1975 ASG Tuesday afternoon,1990 ASG Wednesday afternoon and the 2000 ASG Thursday afternoon. That should keep you busy.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Speaking of the different camera angles, why when FSN shows the final pitch of Brownings perfect game, do they show that high behind home plate shot. I have not been lucky enough to catch a replay of the game...is that the only camera angle they show on that pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Speaking of the different camera angles, why when FSN shows the final pitch of Brownings perfect game, do they show that high behind home plate shot. I have not been lucky enough to catch a replay of the game...is that the only camera angle they show on that pitch?
    The game wasn't televised, so the only video of it is from the stadium cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    The MLB Network is showing some past All Star Games. Last night they showed the 1965 game.
    I caught some of this too. It was also cool that they showed some commercials that originally aired during that time. I got a kick out of the guy riding around in a 1965 Plymouth Valiant convertible with a lion in the back because "when you drive this car, you're sure to attract attention. (Lion sold separately.)"
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?