Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds players announced for HOF Induction Events, July 16-18

Reds players announced for HOF Induction Events, July 16-18

CINCINNATI (July 12, 2010) – The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum has announced the Reds players and Hall of Famers who will be in attendance at events for the 2010 Induction Weekend, July 16-18.

Reds Hall of Famers: Johnny Bench, Jack Billingham, Pedro Borbon, Tom Browning, Leo Cardenas, Eric Davis, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Wayne Granger, Tommy Helms, Barry Larkin (Sat./Sun. only), Jerry Lynch, Jim Maloney (Sat. only), Lee May, Joe Morgan (Fri./Sat. only), Gary Nolan, Jim O’Toole, Chris Sabo and Mario Soto.

1990 Team Members: Glenn Braggs, Keith Brown, Tom Browning, Norm Charlton, Eric Davis, Billy Hatcher, Barry Larkin (Sat./Sun. only), Hal Morris (Fri./Sat. only), Randy Myers, Paul Noce, Ron Robinson, Chris Sabo and Herm Winningham.

Fans will have many chances to meet and greet with their favorite HOF’ers and Reds players from the 1990 World Championship team at the Hall of Fame & Museum:

Friday, July 16
    • 5 to 6:30 pm - Meet and greet with returning Hall of Famers (photos OK, no autographs)

Saturday, July 17
    • 11 am to 3 pm - Meet and greet with select 1990 team members (photos OK, no autographs)
    • 3 to 4:30 pm - Meet and greet with returning Hall of Famers (photos OK, no autographs)

All meet and greet sessions are free with Hall of Fame admission.

For full details and updated meet and greet schedules, please visit www.redsmuseum.org or call (513) 765-7923.

2010 HOF Induction Weekend - Full Schedule of Events

Friday, July 16 – Reds vs Colorado Rockies (7:10pm)
    • FameFest at the HOF (5 - 6:30 pm)
    • MC Hammer concerts (pregame and postgame)
    • 1990 team celebration (pregame and postgame)
    • Fireworks presented by Klosterman Baking Co. (postgame)

Saturday, July 17 – Reds vs Colorado Rockies (7:10 pm)
    • FameFest at the HOF will include baseball instruction, cornhole, caricature drawing, games, meet and greets, mascot visits, a band, sponsor booths, inflatable for kids, and more (10 am to 4 pm)
    • New Inductee press conference (5:45 pm)
    • Chris Sabo bobblehead presented by John Morrell (free to the first 30,000 fans)
    • HOF Induction Ceremony (pregame)

Sunday, July 18 – Reds vs Colorado Rockies (1:10 pm)
    • Vintage baseball game (Noon)
    • Powel Crosley Jr. Award presentation (pregame)
    • Kids replica batting helmet presented by Furniture Fair (free to the first 10,000 kids 14 and younger)
    • 2010 Induction Gala presented by Extra Bases at Duke Energy Convention Center (6-10 pm)
    - Featuring the entire 2010 Reds roster along with current and former Hall of Famers

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds players announced for HOF Induction Events, July 16-18

Sounds like a great weekend to be at the ballpark. Too bad I'm leaving for Myrtle Beach Saturday morning and won't be able to attend.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Sounds like I might get that picture of me and Eric Davis I've wanted since I was about 12 now.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I cant and I dont know why---but I really want to go to the Friday game...and watch some HAMMER!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

2 Legit 2 Quit

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

"youve got to pray just to make it today"

Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I wish I could go to more of the events this weekend too. We're going to the game on Sunday but we have our church's Vacation Bible School going on all week (Friday's game is out) and my cousin is turning 18 so we have his party on Saturday night (that game is out too). I was going to volunteer for the Gala but I leave for vacation early Monday morning and that didn't work out either. I'm looking forward to Sunday's game though and I hope there are some huge crowds there to cheer on our guys! Too bad I won't get my Joey Votto All Star t-shirt in time to wear to Sunday's game. :
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    I wish I could go to more of the events this weekend too. We're going to the game on Sunday but we have our church's Vacation Bible School going on all week (Friday's game is out) and my cousin is turning 18 so we have his party on Saturday night (that game is out too). I was going to volunteer for the Gala but I leave for vacation early Monday morning and that didn't work out either. I'm looking forward to Sunday's game though and I hope there are some huge crowds there to cheer on our guys! Too bad I won't get my Joey Votto All Star t-shirt in time to wear to Sunday's game. :
    Dang, Heather. Where are your priorities .

Nah, totally understandable. Too many things to do in too short of a time. Have a great time on Sunday and most of all, enjoy your vacation!

I shook Stanley Burrell's hand and talked to him at the Nashville airport back in 2002.

(Stanley Burrell goes by MC Hammer. )

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    1990 Team Members: Keith Brown, Paul Noce, Ron Robinson.
    <sarcasm, just sarcasm> 3 of the 13 guys appearing from that 1990 team...

Paul Noce
    Anyone remember Paul? Had one AB in 1990 and got a hit. 1-for-1 (a single) for the year. That was his last MLB at-bat. OPS as a REDS player = 2.000. The real question... did he get a WS ring?!? Also gotta wonder how many men can claim to have hit safely in their last MLB at-bat (Paul Noce, Ted Williams, etc, etc).

Keith Brown
    25 career MLB games (all with the REDs in 4 seasons). Appeared in a grand total of 8 games (11.1 IP) in 1990 with a 4.76 ERA.

Ron Robinson
    The Creature appeared in almost as many games as Keith Brown, as he saw 6 games for the 1990 REDS before being traded to Milwaukee with Bob Sebra for Billy Bates and Glenn Braggs. I guess we can give thanks to Ron for helping to get the guys who made the spectacular catch in the NLCS game 6 off of Martinez and scored the winning run in WS game 2.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

MC Hammer and a Chris Sabo bobblehead? Almost too much to comprehend.

Sounds like a great weekend, wish I could be there.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Also gotta wonder how many men can claim to have hit safely in their last MLB at-bat (Paul Noce, Ted Williams, etc, etc).
    Billy Bates is one.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Chip and I shall be there.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

How big are the crowds? Do you get a chance to meet every player there, or are the lines so long for some that you have to pick and choose? How many players can you expect to actually meet on a given day?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Turn Off Ads?