Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday, July 12, 2010, Minor League Updates

Monday, July 12, 2010, Minor League Updates

Looks as Louisville and Carolina are both off tonight.

Lynchburg is tied 1-1 early to Winston-Salem. Janke's line so far 2IP 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 3K. Felix Perez is 1-2, a triple to knock home a run.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday, July 12, 2010, Minor League Updates

Felix Perez slash line coming into the contest tonight is a very sweet - .429/.486/.587/1.073 in roughly 70 PA. Has walked 7 times and struck out only 8.

In VSL action Ronald Torreyes had 2 hits including a home run. He is OPSing 1.072 for the year. Flores (C) and Benedetto (CF) had 3 hits apiece. The pitching had an off day as the VSL Reds fell 7-6.

Dayton and Great Lakes are knotted up at two early on. Jacob Johnson on the mound for the Dragons.

I notice that Mark Fleury has hit well of late following a poor 2009 debut and a slow start this year. It would not normally get my attention were he not a #4 draft choice last year. Can anyone in Dayton who has seen him play, offer an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I notice that Mark Fleury has hit well of late following a poor 2009 debut and a slow start this year. It would not normally get my attention were he not a #4 draft choice last year. Can anyone in Dayton who has seen him play, offer an opinion?
    I recall his BABIP being unusually low since being drafted. I think it may just be a matter of regressing to the mean. He's definitely a prospect worth keeping an eye on.

Felix Perez is 1-for-3 with a triple and a walk.

Billy Hamilton is 1-for-1 with a double.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Slow bat. Some pop when he get ahold of one.

Looks like a back-up, at best.

Check back after three levels.

Henry Rodriguez pulled from the game tonight by Benzinger for not hustling on a critical play.

Re: Fleury: He has been knocking the cover off the ball lately. SLG PCT in the second half of .778 leads the entire league. Batting .356 in the second half to lead the team. Batting .429 in July.

Juan Silva 1 for 1 with a walk
    Junior Arias 1 for 2 with a HR

AZL Reds up 3-2 in the 3rd

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

I was at the Dragons game tonight, Rodriguez struck out the ball got away from the catcher, the guy on second went to third the catcher threw to third and the runner was safe. The guy on third after making a swipe tag and looking at the umpire to see what the call was threw to first and still got Rodriguez out. Looked a little like the Phillips strike out the other night except Phillips got lucky and was safe and Stubbs scored. Hate to see this out of a guy who has looked pretty good this year. Is it just me or is the running on dropped third strike trend slowly fadding to drop the bat and mope back to the dugout unless the ball goes to the back stop trend. Making the throw from home to first with a runner busting down the line is much harder than it looks, you have to at the least make him throw the ball.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Junior Martinez threw in the 8th for the Dragons tonight, his numbers look really bad at 28 BB to 31 k's in 33 innings but he was hitting 97 to 98 consistantly on the stadium gun. Anyone have anything on this guy.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Junior Martinez threw in the 8th for the Dragons tonight, his numbers look really bad at 28 BB to 31 k's in 33 innings but he was hitting 97 to 98 consistantly on the stadium gun. Anyone have anything on this guy.
    Throws really hard. No control at all.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Throws really hard. No control at all.
    As I was checking his numbers in the program immediately after reading the BB:K ratio and telling my buddy about it, he drilled a guy right in the back. Love to see a guy with an arm like that figure it out at some point, maybe even become " effectively wild " but his 2005 to present numbers show no sign of improvement at all.

Turn Off Ads?