Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty cool that there are 4 Reds in the AS Game. This is the year the NL wins!

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Pretty cool that there are 4 Reds in the AS Game. This is the year the NL wins!

I'm sure there will be many years in the near future when we see 2-3 Reds in the All-Star game, but four is a rarity and I'm going to enjoy it tonight. And hopefully this is the year the NL ends this ridiculous losing streak. They are going to get it done tonight and some of the representatives from Cincinnati are going to help the cause!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pretty cool that there are 4 Reds in the AS Game. This is the year the NL wins!

I haven't cared this much about an All Star Game in a long time. I always want the league that plays real baseball to win, but when the Reds might be in the playoffs it intensifies the desire for a W.

Re: Pretty cool that there are 4 Reds in the AS Game. This is the year the NL wins!

I'm looking forward to sitting down with my girlfriend and our new puppy and watching the game. Definitely have a rooting interest this season.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I haven't cared this much about an All Star Game in a long time. I always want the league that plays real baseball to win, but when the Reds might be in the playoffs it intensifies the desire for a W.
    I know, it's cool to actually care about the All-Star game again and be really excited for it. I don't expect Votto to take out an AL catcher in extra innings to win the game or anything (they don't have anyone named "Fosse" on their roster, do they?) but it's still going to be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I'm looking forward to sitting down with my girlfriend and our new puppy and watching the game. Definitely have a rooting interest this season.
    Congrats on the new puppy! (And for someone with your looks, congrats on having a girlfriend too. Ha. Just kidding bud.)

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Come visit the Game Thread I made for it!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

You can't watch the player introductions and think that it doesn't mean anything to the guys who are there.

They'll remember it the rest of their lives.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I got chills watching the introductions and seeing FOUR of our Reds players out there with all those other great players. How can you not be at least a little excited for tonight?! This is fantastic. It's time for the NL to get a win!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I'm sure there will be many years in the near future when we see 2-3 Reds in the All-Star game, but four is a rarity and I'm going to enjoy it tonight. And hopefully this is the year the NL ends this ridiculous losing streak. They are going to get it done tonight and some of the representatives from Cincinnati are going to help the cause!
    If they really wanted to win they should have put OC in the 2 hole.

Scotty Roles baby! He got that whole rally started.

I think they were playing Drake in the background throughout the inning.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    If they really wanted to win they should have put OC in the 2 hole.
    You are just killin' me here! This is supposed to be a positive thread. Let's save the "O-Cab sux" threads for another day. We certainly know there will be plenty of opportunities to mention it.

Hey that's exactly what I'm doing, new puppy and all! I named him Larkin!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Our's is Rosie for Rosie Red.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Our's is Rosie for Rosie Red.
    Nice! Great minds, right?
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Good to know the Reds have home field advantage for the World Series!

Turn Off Ads?