Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Youkilis thanks Cincinnati fans

Kevin Youkilis thanks Cincinnati fans

Classy Thank You letter from Kevin Youkilis.

Posted by Nick Hurm on John Fay's blog:

An open letter from Kevin Youkilis to the fans of Cincinnati:

I wish to say a very sincere “Thank you” to all my friends, fans and family in my hometown of Cincinnati who voted for me, and put forth such a valiant effort in trying to win for me the Final Vote for the 2010 All-Star Game.

I truly appreciate all the support you all have given me throughout my career, and continue to provide.

It means the world to me to have received so many votes, and I would like you to know I am humbled, and most appreciative. Keep rooting on the Sox … and the Reds!

Let’s hope we both have a great second half of the season and push into the playoffs. Thank you Cincinnati! Go Bearcats!
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ncinnati-fans/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kevin Youkilis thanks Cincinnati fans

I went to high school with Kevin, and he was a pretty humble guy. He and Votto got all my votes, and I'll always wish him the best.

He is a classy guy. I voted for Youkilis along with Votto from the beginning and wish the alliance had been with his fans from the start.
    Last edited by Spitball; 07-12-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

That's pretty cool. I've marked him down in my official book of people I root for.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

I know I've mentioned this before, they are absolutely nuts for Youklis in Boston. When people at Fenway heard we were from Cincinnati, they immediately said that was Youk's hometown because talks about it all the time, they said.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

All I know, Nick Swisher should be sitting at home.

Just checked and he's signed until 2013. I always root for local guys.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Haunted by walks

Arroyo for Youkilis?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Arroyo for Youkilis?
    Let's throw in Kris Negron and Tom Cochran to help sweeten the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    He is a classy guy. I voted for Youkilis along with Votto from the beginning and wish the alliance had been with his fans from the start.

Same here
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Classy move from a classy man. Youkilis is one of my favorite players in any sport. I grew up with Swisher so I mostly voted for him (he is a lot more deserving than many on this board give him credit for with numbers comparable to Kevin's). But I threw some votes Youk's way as well. He would look really nice in a Reds uniform, wouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Arroyo for Youkilis?

Where would he play here?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Youk is a great guy and that was a nice gesture from him. He didn't have to do that at all but he did anyway. I love when famous people from Cincinnati aren't ashamed to admit that they're from here.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Where would he play here?
    He'll play 3rd after Rolens gone?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    He'll play 3rd after Rolens gone?
    Don't think you're going to want another 35 year old 3rd baseman after Rolen, especially one who isn't that great at playing 3rd now.

And, just because it was memorable:

Some day, the Everyman might enjoy universal appeal. Some day, Kevin Youkilis's uncommon intensity will be a footnote to an exceptional career, a self-made All Star who runs out ground balls, hits for power, gets on base, cheers for his teammates, and sets out to win every game, even though the numbers say it's impossible.

"You can't get no better than Youk," said Ortiz. "If you don't want to play with a guy like that, then there's something wrong with you."
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basebal...ire/?page=full
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?