Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 87

Thread: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

  1. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,419

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    I find the whole situation to be pretty suspicious. The fact that they are releasing snippets of this tape over a long period of time makes me think she either got paid a lot by Radar online and they are milking it for all they can, or its highly edited to make it seems as bad as possible. It seems like borderline black mail or extortion. Guy sounds nuts, but I also have a hard time figuring out this story.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #47
    Member TeamCasey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    TeamBoone's Attic
    Posts
    12,317

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    If someone wants to be critical of him, fine. It's perfectly within their right. All I have taken issue with is the veracity -- especially the hyperbolic terms such as "monster." Likewise, those of us who aren't going to board the train to Salem should be within reason to do just that.
    No different than calling the mother of his child, who was on the receiving end of these phone calls, who had a restraining order against him, a golddigger.
    "I've never understood the term "women and children" as if their lives are somewhat more important than men."

  4. #48
    Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,933

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I find the whole situation to be pretty suspicious. The fact that they are releasing snippets of this tape over a long period of time makes me think she either got paid a lot by Radar online and they are milking it for all they can, or its highly edited to make it seems as bad as possible. It seems like borderline black mail or extortion. Guy sounds nuts, but I also have a hard time figuring out this story.
    She supposedly wanted $10 million from him, or she'd leak em. That is blackmail. Gibson's attorney says they have rock solid evidence the tapes have been edited, and are going to present it to the Sherriff's office that is working the case.

  5. #49
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,114

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Lets say you are Mel Gibson. You are worth hundreds of millions. You say some hateful things to your wife who blackmails you for 10 million dollars. Really hateful, career-damaging things....this judgment of Mel aside...I'd have paid the 10 million. But thats me.

  6. #50
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,061

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Lets say you are Mel Gibson. You are worth hundreds of millions. You say some hateful things to your wife who blackmails you for 10 million dollars. Really hateful, career-damaging things....this judgment of Mel aside...I'd have paid the 10 million. But thats me.
    The guy simply can't keep a lid on this kind of talk, though. The extortion angle kind of misses the point--this guy is colored through and through with this thinking and language. Officers of the law have him on record with this stuff; someone who knows him intimately was eventually going to get it on record too.

    It's like with Marge Schott: those who defended her said stuff like, "The press just BAITS her into saying this stuff." Nonsense. They put a mike in her face, and it comes tumbling out. It's who she was.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 07-18-2010 at 12:30 PM.

  7. #51
    Socratic Gadfly TheNext44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,228

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    The guy simply can't keep a lid on this kind of talk, though. The extortion angle kind of misses the point--this guy is colored through and through with this thinking and language. Officers of the law have him on record with this stuff; someone who knows him intimately was eventually going to get it on record too.

    It's like with Marge Schott: those who defended her said stuff like, "The press just BAITS her into saying this stuff." Nonsense. They put a mike in her face, and it comes tumbling out. It's who she was.
    Ask anyone who worked for or with the Reds when Marge owned them. The stuff she was quoted as saying in the media was tame compared to what she said on a daily basis. I still liked her asan owner because she was dedicated to winning, but she was a hardcore, old fashioned racist.

    Really hard to believe that Gibson isn't one too, no matter how these tapes were edited, or their context.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

  8. #52
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,686

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    I'm not a psycholgist, but I have worked as a therapist, and I think it's highly likely that Gibson is suffering from a very serious mental/emotional disease, most likely something connected to Bi-Polar.

    He seems to be a very intelligent, well meaning, caring person who can snap and become a dangerous threat to himself and others for almost no reason. The real issue is not whether or not to defend or attack him, but hope that he gets help, and fast.
    He's been diagnosed manic-depressive. Add alcoholism to that and it's not a pretty combination.

    It's also been charged that it's not sure when that pic of her was taken, nor if it was Mel that it did it. Radaronline really doesn't seem to be showing much objectivity in it's reporting on this situation, and is reporting everything she claims as fact.

    Gibson needs help obviously. I'm just not sure he is guilty of everything she is claiming. There is strong evidence she demanded 10M to keep the tapes secret.

    But I agree with FCB..... if you get involved with a gold-digger, then buyer beware. They probably both deserve each other.
    Last edited by GAC; 07-18-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  9. #53
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,569

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Mel's ex-wife really is standing behind him on this. She says he was never violent or angry toward her like this, and she's asked him to come back to Australia to live with her and their kids who remain at home. That SHOULD say something right there.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  10. #54
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,061

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Mel's ex-wife really is standing behind him on this. She says he was never violent or angry toward her like this, and she's asked him to come back to Australia to live with her and their kids who remain at home. That SHOULD say something right there.
    Mel is still this woman's meal ticket. Where Mel's fortune goes, so goes hers.

  11. #55
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,569

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Mel is still this woman's meal ticket. Where Mel's fortune goes, so goes hers.
    That may very well be true, but, if all the things being said about him were true, would she really want him living under her roof with their children?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  12. #56
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,061

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    That may very well be true, but, if all the things being said about him were true, would she really want him living under her roof with their children?
    I think she'll protect her paycheck. A lot of folks have an interest in protecting Mel Gibson's career.

  13. #57
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    6,120

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Hey Brutus, if we are all guilty of demonizing Mel, what's he guilty of?

    A "poor choice of words"?

    It's neat to play devil's advocate and all, but goodness gracious you honestly have no idea how bad your argument is losing here.

    It's all our fault for demonizing the demon.

  14. #58
    THAT'S A FACT JACK!! GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    26,686

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Mel is still this woman's meal ticket. Where Mel's fortune goes, so goes hers.
    She's still going to get a good portion of his fortune regardless. She's legally entitled in their divorce to half of everything He earned from their marriage in 1980 to the date of their separation. So I don't think she's "covering" for her soon-to-be ex just to protect her "investment".

    Mel is out there saying he's broke, and that's all a bunch of garbage. I wish I could be that broke. If Mel never makes another movie again, he, his ex-wife, and ex-GF, will be financially well off for the remainder of their days.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

  15. #59
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    25,061

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    She's still going to get a good portion of his fortune regardless. She's legally entitled in their divorce to half of everything He earned from their marriage in 1980 to the date of their separation. So I don't think she's "covering" for her soon-to-be ex just to protect her "investment".

    Mel is out there saying he's broke, and that's all a bunch of garbage. I wish I could be that broke. If Mel never makes another movie again, he, his ex-wife, and ex-GF, will be financially well off for the remainder of their days.
    To you and me, they'll be wealthy. But to the wealthy, it's never enough unless it's more. Tie Mel up in a bunch of legal matters, and that fortune shrinks a bit more; fewer to no major roles for Mel or no financial backing for another major race-baiting blockbuster, then all of a sudden the wife isn't living "up to her accustomed standards" of lifestyle enjoyment. Believe me, damage control is in full effect.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 07-19-2010 at 09:08 AM.

  16. #60
    Et tu, Brutus? Brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Posts
    10,583

    Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

    Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Hey Brutus, if we are all guilty of demonizing Mel, what's he guilty of?

    A "poor choice of words"?

    It's neat to play devil's advocate and all, but goodness gracious you honestly have no idea how bad your argument is losing here.

    It's all our fault for demonizing the demon.
    I'm not part of the lynch mob. My argument is fine.

    If you would like to go back and read my posts, you'll see I haven't dismissed any behavior. I'm just not taking part in the crowd that is blowing everything out of proportion in usual fashion. That's really all there is to it.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25