Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: The Insanity of Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm not part of the lynch mob. My argument is fine.

If you would like to go back and read my posts, you'll see I haven't dismissed any behavior. I'm just not taking part in the crowd that is blowing everything out of proportion in usual fashion. That's really all there is to it.
    See- there's where you are wrong- nobody is blowing anything out of proportion....

Instead of being in the crowd that has to point out 1 percent of the equation and representing it as an equal part, why don't you just condemn it and move along?

Could there be more to the story? Sure. Is life seldom black and white? Nope.

Neither of those points are excuses for the behavior.

It would be like me slapping someone upside the head with a baseball bat and then you coming to my rescue with, "Yeah, but the dude deserved it for not using his turn signal."

People do things to us that make us upset- it doesn't mean you get to pay them back tenfold, abuse them verbally or physically....

You don't aim your hatred towards black people (a "pack" of N-words? Seriously?) and aim it at the mother of your child who you cheated on your ex-wife to be with and come out the good guy, brutha. You say you are condemning the behavior, but people don't condemn behavior by pointing out the other side of a losing argument.

You are the guy saying it's awful and then pointing out why it isnt so awful. You condemn it, and there take it back with the one word that wipes it out: B-u-t (which stands for Behold the Underlying Truth).

For someone so preachy, he needs to take a look at his own life.

The guy has issues, but he's obviously not serious about correcting them, so he gets what he deserves.

This woman may be a huge gold digger, I really don't care.

Gibson shouldnt be using that as an excuse to hurl angry racial rants and violence.

I'm going to go back and search the OJ Simpson threads, I'll bet you're there pointing out how much he loved his kids and how much he meant for the game of football.

On second thought, there's no way you'd that.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 07-20-2010 at 10:06 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

I'm going to go back and search the OJ Simpson threads, I'll bet you're there pointing out how much he loved his kids and how much he meant for the game of football.

On second thought, there's no way you'd that.
    If I didn't know any better, I would say you're suggesting some sort of uneven reaction because of race?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...14dccf51febe6f

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that after the disturbing Mel Gibson audio tapes became public earlier this month, Oksana Grigorieva wrote Gibson a text explaining why she'd surreptitiously recorded their conversations.

According to a source familiar with the case, Grigorieva writes in the text that the reason she recorded him was because "you broke your agreement with me."

The source says that there are additional emails that will likely be used by Gibson's attorneys to prove that Grigorieva attempted to use the audio tapes to extort money from Gibson. The source adds that Grigorieva was also upset about the breakup and was looking to reconcile.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    All these stories about how Gibson is a woman batterer - and I certainly hope he's not - yet we have absolutely no evidence of that. Heck, even this latest incident earlier this year where he supposedly punched the girls' tooth out didn't result in any arrest. So clearly there's some questions as to the validity. All we have is audio of a raged Gibson. Frightening? Certainly. A monster? Inconclusive at best.
    Brutus, we have evidence that he is verbally abusive to women and that often leads to physical. No woman should tolerate verbal abuse because of this fact

First of all, I didn't intend to resurrect this thread to reignite the debate about what Gibson did. Gibson did some really stupid bad things. I think we all can agree on that. But, it's not uncommon for a celebrity to reestablish themself years after bad press due to a scandal. The movie plot makes sense for Gibson and so does the poster. I'm just wondering if it might be a little too soon.
    Gibson's 'Beaver' Poster Proves the Movie Exists
    Thu Nov 4 2010, 7:00 AM PDT by: Will Leitch

Considering the general consensus about Mel Gibson these days -- we won't rehash the details for the thousandth time, but suffice to say, the consensus is not positive -- we've wondered if his movie "The Beaver," a dark comedy directed by Jodie Foster, would ever be released. Though the casting seems to work: Considering the troubled, now-reclusive Gibson's emotional outbursts of late, playing the film's protagonist, a mentally ill person who communicates with the world through an animal puppet, would seem to be within the range of a guy who now talks primarily through the buffer of a publicist. ...
    http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/70...e-movie-exists

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    First of all, I didn't intend to resurrect this thread to reignite the debate about what Gibson did. Gibson did some really stupid bad things. I think we all can agree on that. But, it's not uncommon for a celebrity to reestablish themself years after bad press due to a scandal. The movie plot makes sense for Gibson and so does the poster. I'm just wondering if it might be a little too soon.
    They cut his scenes out of The Hangover 2 because Gallifinakas complained about him being in the movie.

The director (Todd Phillips) for Hangover 2 was also the Due Date director and Downey Jr. is the one who convinced him to put Gibson in the Hangover film. RDJ says that when he was down and out Gibson was the only one who would work with him. Hiring him in "The Singing Detective".

What's funny is Zachy boy didn't have any problem working with Mike Tyson in the first Hangover.

I don't really have much sympathy for Mel, he clearly needs or needed help (I don't know if he's gotten it or not) but it's funny that Zach chooses to work with a guy who actually committed rape over someone who talked about it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    They cut his scenes out of The Hangover 2 because Gallifinakas complained about him being in the movie.

The director (Todd Phillips) for Hangover 2 was also the Due Date director and Downey Jr. is the one who convinced him to put Gibson in the Hangover film. RDJ says that when he was down and out Gibson was the only one who would work with him. Hiring him in "The Singing Detective".

What's funny is Zachy boy didn't have any problem working with Mike Tyson in the first Hangover.

I don't really have much sympathy for Mel, he clearly needs or needed help (I don't know if he's gotten it or not) but it's funny that Zach chooses to work with a guy who actually committed rape over someone who talked about it
    I think Gibson commented on that too. He probably shouldn't have though. I see two differences:

1) While what Gibson did was bad what Tyson did was worse. But, ...

2) I think Tyson was under the radar MUCH longer between his wrongdoings and his 'reemergence'. I might be off on that though. It doesn't seem like Gibson, on the other hand, has been willing to wait. There were allegations either this year or last but it seems like he wants to keep working like he was before anything ever happened. I think society usually needs more time before a celebrity gets to 'start over'.

I find it funny that this Gallifinakas guy has a say in any of this. A virtual nobody save for a few stints on the late night circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    I find it funny that this Gallifinakas guy has a say in any of this. A virtual nobody save for a few stints on the late night circuit.

The guy just helmed a movie that has grossed $467M so far. Money talks to movie studios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    ???

This dude is crazy famous... one of the funniest comedians out there. He's the new Seth Rogen, if you will.

For a nobody I'm sure seeing him EVERYWHERE

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The guy just helmed a movie that has grossed $467M so far. Money talks to movie studios.
    And he is on a fairly successful HBO show, Bored to Death. I really like Galifianakis too, loved his stand up for a long time before Hangover. I think he's also a terrific actor, I just thing he's off on this one.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?