Reds are in 1st place in the NL Central

WOW!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: Reds are in the 1st place in the NL Central

Woot!

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Missed the first two games of the series, but I watched all of this one. That makes me a front runner I reckon.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Cheekily Non-Conformist CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

....and there was much rejoicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    That's cool- but the most eye popping thing about that screen is the Tampa Bay diff of +85.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    That's cool- but the most eye popping thing about that screen is the Tampa Bay diff of +85.
    They are a very good club. Great pitching. Great defense. And they have a very good lineup from top to bottom.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Really great to see, especially coming off a series win against the hated Cardinals.

Now go out and beat the tar out of the Brewers the next two days.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Really great to see, especially coming off a series win against the hated Cardinals.

Now go out and beat the tar out of the Brewers the next two days.
    That's the thing. Lets keep it up, Redlegs!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    And the Reds' is -1, even after the week they just had. Yeesh. WHY CAN'T IT EVER JUST BE GOOD.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Cardinals announcers on the wrap up show just said a couple of interesting things...

"The Reds are #1 in all of the Majors when batting with runners in scoring position and 2 outs."

Is that clutch? It sure seems like it is.
    I have noticed that I personally don't get worried this year when they get down like I have in the past so subconsciously I have noticed that they have some "clutch." 1999 Part II?

Also, they said this team (Reds) is really scary. We knew that they would be better but they are really maturing.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    And the Reds' is -1, even after the week they just had. Yeesh. WHY CAN'T IT EVER JUST BE GOOD.
    It is. We are in first place. I could care less about the -1. I like the plus 1/2....

I know what you mean though and if you look back a couple of weeks ago we were -29. This team is moving that number in the right direction just like the games behind moved in a right direction.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Now that they've made it to the top of the division they can't let up and rest on their laurels. Gotta go out and keep playing good baseball each and every game, can't take any opposing team lightly.

Not sure how long it will last but it feels great to be in first place.

You'd like to not be -1 when your 5 games over .500, but it really has been trending in a positive direction. Two more weeks of play like this and that Pythag will be fine.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

There are two ways to approach the pythag...

1. It's not very good, an indication that this success is somewhat a mirage, or

2. It's trending in a positive direction and not indicative of what the team will do going forward

If this were mid-summer, I would lean toward No. 1. But it's early enough that I think, in this case, it tends to be more of No. 2.

Turn Off Ads?