Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shut up, butt munch

Are avatars a perk?

Re: Shut up, butt munch

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I love Beavis and Butthead but this is a terrible ideal. What channel are they going to watch music video's on? VH-1 classic during 80's hour? The new episodes will fall flat and will not find an audience beyond those hardcore fans(which I am one) and then will be unceremoniously canceled.
    The idea is that along with Beavis & Butthead, they're going to bring music videos back to MTV. I welcome the change. I've had enough of reality (:thumbdown) TV.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hope on some levels but then again does it really matter if its just all Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hope on some levels but then again does it really matter if its just all Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?
    True. A lot of the videos they watched in the 90's were totally obscure. In the manufactured MTV of the 10's, I wonder if MTV will in someway ($$$) dictate the videos shown.

You have to remember the formula for how Beavis and Butthead worked. These 2 kids are "metal heads". They would pan the pop videos of the time as saying they sucked, but then come across a video for Faith No More, Soundgarden or Ozzy, and let the headbanging begin. Mike Judge knows his formula, I doubt he's going to change it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I wonder if any time will have passed in the B&B universe or if he'll step right back into where they were?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I wonder if any time will have passed in the B&B universe or if he'll step right back into where they were?
    I always picture them out of time like all of Judge's other creations. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc. have always been sort of frozen in no particular era.

I wonder if B&B will take whacks at some of the reality shows MTV puts on.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    If they are shown as being near 30 still doing the same thing that would be more sad then funny
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If they are shown as being near 30 still doing the same thing that would be more sad then funny
    Haha. Maybe a good nightmare sequence or something.

I was thinking more along the lines of maybe like the next grade up in school or something... you know, give yourself license to make it fresh, but still adhere to the original formula.

Are avatars a perk?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    True Let us . I could do without TRL also.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869
    I always picture them out of time like all of Judge's other creations. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc. have always been sort of frozen in no particular era.
    From what I've read, they're still going to be the same age. But I imagine they'll now have cellphones.

Quote Originally Posted by couch_manager View Post

From what I've read, they're still going to be the same age. But I imagine they'll now have cellphones.
    You honestly think those two could figure out a cell phone? Do you not remember them washing the dog?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Are avatars a perk?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    You honestly think those two could figure out a cell phone? Do you not remember them washing the dog?
    True...I forgot that episode! But I've seen their real life counterparts in public use them.

I could see them doing a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing with music videos
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I could see them doing a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing with music videos
    Ummm, isn't that what they did in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I love Beavis and Butthead but this is a terrible ideal. What channel are they going to watch music video's on? VH-1 classic during 80's hour? The new episodes will fall flat and will not find an audience beyond those hardcore fans(which I am one) and then will be unceremoniously canceled.
    For some reason, I see this in the same light as the CW bringing back Melrose Place and 90210. Restarting popular shows to appeal to a certain demographic, but trying to add the pop culture flair of today to make it more appealing, and it doesn't work.

I always enjoyed Beavis and Butthead more than King of the Hill (interest started to wane after the kids started hitting puberty except Bobby).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?