Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52

Thread: Shut up, butt munch

  1. #16
    Are avatars a perk?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    132

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I love Beavis and Butthead but this is a terrible ideal. What channel are they going to watch music video's on? VH-1 classic during 80's hour? The new episodes will fall flat and will not find an audience beyond those hardcore fans(which I am one) and then will be unceremoniously canceled.
    The idea is that along with Beavis & Butthead, they're going to bring music videos back to MTV. I welcome the change. I've had enough of reality (:thumbdown) TV.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Tired of talk. Win! Joseph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Commonwealth
    Posts
    8,370

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    I hope on some levels but then again does it really matter if its just all Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?

    Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

  4. #18
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,037

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hope on some levels but then again does it really matter if its just all Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?
    True. A lot of the videos they watched in the 90's were totally obscure. In the manufactured MTV of the 10's, I wonder if MTV will in someway ($$$) dictate the videos shown.

  5. #19
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,568

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    You have to remember the formula for how Beavis and Butthead worked. These 2 kids are "metal heads". They would pan the pop videos of the time as saying they sucked, but then come across a video for Faith No More, Soundgarden or Ozzy, and let the headbanging begin. Mike Judge knows his formula, I doubt he's going to change it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  6. #20
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    I wonder if any time will have passed in the B&B universe or if he'll step right back into where they were?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  7. #21
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,467

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I wonder if any time will have passed in the B&B universe or if he'll step right back into where they were?
    I always picture them out of time like all of Judge's other creations. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc. have always been sort of frozen in no particular era.

  8. #22
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,258

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    I wonder if B&B will take whacks at some of the reality shows MTV puts on.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  9. #23
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,672

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I wonder if any time will have passed in the B&B universe or if he'll step right back into where they were?
    If they are shown as being near 30 still doing the same thing that would be more sad then funny
    Go Gators!

  10. #24
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,960

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    If they are shown as being near 30 still doing the same thing that would be more sad then funny
    Haha. Maybe a good nightmare sequence or something.

    I was thinking more along the lines of maybe like the next grade up in school or something... you know, give yourself license to make it fresh, but still adhere to the original formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  11. #25
    Are avatars a perk?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    132

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I hope on some levels but then again does it really matter if its just all Katy Perry and Lady Gaga?
    True Let us . I could do without TRL also.

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869
    I always picture them out of time like all of Judge's other creations. The Simpsons, King of the Hill, etc. have always been sort of frozen in no particular era.
    From what I've read, they're still going to be the same age. But I imagine they'll now have cellphones.

  12. #26
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,568

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by couch_manager View Post



    From what I've read, they're still going to be the same age. But I imagine they'll now have cellphones.
    You honestly think those two could figure out a cell phone? Do you not remember them washing the dog?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  13. #27
    Are avatars a perk?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    132

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    You honestly think those two could figure out a cell phone? Do you not remember them washing the dog?
    True...I forgot that episode! But I've seen their real life counterparts in public use them.

  14. #28
    Hey Cubs Fans RFS62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    16,601

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    I could see them doing a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing with music videos
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

  15. #29
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    34,437

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I could see them doing a Mystery Science Theater kind of thing with music videos
    Ummm, isn't that what they did in the first place?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

  16. #30
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Shut up, butt munch

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I love Beavis and Butthead but this is a terrible ideal. What channel are they going to watch music video's on? VH-1 classic during 80's hour? The new episodes will fall flat and will not find an audience beyond those hardcore fans(which I am one) and then will be unceremoniously canceled.
    For some reason, I see this in the same light as the CW bringing back Melrose Place and 90210. Restarting popular shows to appeal to a certain demographic, but trying to add the pop culture flair of today to make it more appealing, and it doesn't work.

    I always enjoyed Beavis and Butthead more than King of the Hill (interest started to wane after the kids started hitting puberty except Bobby).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25