Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Steven Strasburg---Wednesday night

Steven Strasburg---Wednesday night

Washington is in town M-T & W, if the rotation for Washington stays they way it is set up we should get our first glips of him on Wednesday night. It will be nice to see how the Reds batters match up against this kid. He can be beat but what hasn't happened yet is a drubbing. It would be night to see the Reds pour it on.
    It will also be nice to Adam Dunn again. Still wish we would have allowed Dunn to stay but he honestly doesn't fit into this lineup.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Steven Strasburg---Wednesday night

If they play like they do any other time they face a perceived ace he will throw his first career CG shut out. First pitch swinging and a bunch of weekly hit pop flies and grounders.

I think this team really needed a break. Orlando Cabrera was one who comes to mind. My biggest concern down the stretch it the 40 yr old Arthur Rhodes who looks tired...Dodgers released Sherill in the last day or two. He is 33 yrs old and was an All-Star for Baltimore last year. This season he was rocked from the onset of the seaon with a huge ERA of 7.34. To me something doesn't seem right here but who knows.
    Washington might be willing to part with Matt Capps who has shut everybody down and why Pittsburgh allowed him to walk is beyond me. Perhaps Dotel would be available. Pittsburgh might be willing to take a bag of peanuts and our worst minor league player.

which is exactly why I'm glad Rhodes didn't pitch in the ASG.

I've got my tickets to see how the Reds do against Strasburg, should be interesting...and I also will be happy to see Dunn again, still one of my favorite players (and favorite non-Red).

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I fully expect Strasburg to throw a no hitter against the Reds. We suck against pitchers like him. Stubbs will K 4 times on 3 straight pitches right down the pike. Bruce probably will too.

He'll throw a 100 mph fastball followed by a dying changeup that Bruce will swing at all day like he's never seen one before.

I'm prepared to be embarrassed by him.

how does Rhodes look tired?

he was getting the ball up in the zone too much.

When?

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Even when he was hit hard recently (Howards HR being the most glaring example) he was still making good pitches. The one Howard took out was low and on the outside corner, the guy is just a great hitter and put it 1 foot farther than the fence in left.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

He may or may not be tired now, but he's 40 and we'll burn him out by the end of the season if he keeps on this pace...any rest is a good thing.

14 Ks

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Rhodes sure didn't look tired last night

More on-topic, I'll be there to watch this game and am pumped to see what Strasburg stuff is like in person. Whether he pitches good or bad I guess I'll be in for a treat either way. Go Reds!
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

I'm thinking that I may take my boys down to this game. I'm debating between the cheap bleacher seats and the "box seat and a hat" for $20. Hopefully the Red's can get my oldest his first win (he's 0-2 and this will be my yongest's first Reds game).
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?