Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City of Cincinnati question

Senor Votto

City of Cincinnati question

It's been a while since I've been to Cincy. I'll probably think of some other questions later on. Thanks in advance!

Are there many cheap hotels located near the stadium?

How much would the parking cost? (I'll rephrase this to: Where is the best parking?)

What hours is the Reds Hall of Fame open?

What times are the stadium tours available?
    Last edited by Degenerate39; 07-15-2010 at 10:25 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: City of Cincinnati question

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    It's been a while since I've been to Cincy. I'll probably think of some other questions later on. Thanks in advance!

Are there many cheap hotels located near the stadium?
    It depends on your definition of cheap. Most everything close to the stadium is fairly pricey. Of course there's always the Newport Travel Lodge...

How much would the parking cost?
    Again, it depends. You can park under the Westin Hotel after 5 on Fridays and weekends for $3. Under Fountain square is $5. Parking at Newport on the Levee is $5 and you can walk across the bridge. There are garages close to the stadium for $10 and up. You can park on the streets of Cincinnati for free after 5 every day and all day on Sundays.

What hours is the Reds Hall of Fame open?
    10:00 a.m.

If the Reds are playing at night, Monday - Friday: 11:00 a.m., noon, 1:00 p.m. Saturday: 10:00 a.m., 11:00 am, noon, 1:00 p.m.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I'm not sure, I went sometime last summer on a weekday afternoon when the Reds are on the road. I do know that the Reds being on the road is key, I don't think they do them on days when there're home games. You should go though. It's pretty good. No clubhouse access (apparently they got rid of that a few years ago for security reasons), but you get to see some of the clubs and restaurants, several suites (including the owner's one), the press box (but not the broadcast booths), the Reds dugout, and you get to walk very briefly on the field, from the Reds dugout to the "center" entrance to the tunnel down the hall where the umps' suite is (you don't get to go in that though). Very good tour.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It depends on your definition of cheap. Most everything close to the stadium is fairly pricey. Of course there's always the Newport Travel Lodge...
    I've heard a little of this Travel Lodge from the Chat. That place is not an option

From which direction will you arrive to downtown? That makes as big of difference as anything.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I've heard a little of this Travel Lodge from the Chat. That place is not an option
    Isn't that the place with the fancy day spa and free valet service?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

This thread is six years old, so it may not be accurate anymore, but I'll post it anyway:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31267

Notice the reference to www.biddingfortravel.com. It will show you what people are getting for their bids on Priceline. Here's a link to the forum:

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/for...incinnati.html

There are no guarantees on price OR on which hotel you'll actually get, but it's a pretty good indicator. As long as you choose 4- or 5-star and "downtown" you should be okay.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Here's the complete scoop on the Hall Of Fame...

http://mlb.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/museum/hours.jsp

...and the stadium tours...

http://mlb.mlb.com/cin/ballpark/tours.jsp

I stayed there for all the playoff and WS games in 1990.

It was a dump then.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I mentioned this in another thread just a few days ago, but I was sitting in a room at the Newport Travelodge while Tom Browning threw his perfect game. Decided it was too wet and too cold to go to the game that night.

Regarding the Travelodge, I just read the reviews on Orbitz and they were, to say the least, a mixed bag. A few that talked about the place being a total pit, but others, even noting bad reviews found it acceptable. Most spoke about it's convenience. I can't vouch for it myself, but I tend to go with reviews. Given the reviews I'm reading though, if this was somewhere else, I probably would lean away from it, but I might take a second look at the AAA Rating. I just now looked at Tripadvisor.com too. They had a lot of reviews.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

For about the last 7-8 years every time I've come to town - which is at least once a year - I use Priceline to bid on hotels downtown. I get either the Millenium or the Hyatt every time, and I've gotten rooms for as low as $45 per night. Never paid more than $80 for either of those places.

I use their parking, and my family and I either walk or take a cab to the park.

It's almost like stealing...
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I am driving in next Wednesday on my way from Texas to NY and am stopping for the game and continuing my drive a bit after wards. Where is the easiest place to park coming in from the South? Thanks!
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    I am driving in next Wednesday on my way from Texas to NY and am stopping for the game and continuing my drive a bit after wards. Where is the easiest place to park coming in from the South? Thanks!
    If you don't mind walking a bit, parking at Newport On The Levee is easy and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33 View Post
    For about the last 7-8 years every time I've come to town - which is at least once a year - I use Priceline to bid on hotels downtown. I get either the Millenium or the Hyatt every time, and I've gotten rooms for as low as $45 per night. Never paid more than $80 for either of those places.

I use their parking, and my family and I either walk or take a cab to the park.

It's almost like stealing...
    I'm reading some really bad recent reviews about the Hyatt on TripAdvisor.com. Can anyone confirm or deny the quality of the place?

Turn Off Ads?