Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kindle

Kindle

I'm looking at getting a Kindle after the WSJ jacked up my subscription rate something fierce. Anyone have one and anything I should know? The Kindle 3 was tempting me with the price but I feel like I'd do better with the larger DX.

Thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kindle

I heard there was a new Kindle out. I read about it on my IPad.

Sorry I stole that joke from Conan. Thought it was a good one.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

My son has the kindle. I think its terrible.

I have a Sony Reader Pocket edition and love it. Very convenient and easy to read. There is also a lot of free content out there via libraries and some retailers. If I were buying one today I'd buy the 6" kindle ($139) and not the DX. With the zoom capabilities I don't have any issues reading on a smaller screen.

Also, I know some may like the 3G options or WiFi but my current Reader has neither and I don't mind it at all. Of course, I might see the purpose behind the convenience if I was reading newspapers on it.

Stupid question perhaps.....you can access websites with a Kindle correct? At least the 3g/wifi ones.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Stupid question perhaps.....you can access websites with a Kindle correct? At least the 3g/wifi ones.
    I think a basic browser.
    Last edited by edabbs44; 08-04-2010 at 10:18 PM.

I bought a DX today. No idea if it was the right choice. The reason why I finally bought one is because the WSJ wanted to jack up my subscription rate to $440 per year, while the e-rate is $180. The Kindle will pay for itself in no time.

My wife just got an iPad so we already have one in the house and I just got a laptop last year (plus I have an iPhone), so I thought the iPad was overkill at this point. Didn't really see what I would need an iPad for. Everything I read about the book/magazine/newspaper features of the Kindle vs the iPad gave the best grade to the Kindle. I was going to go for the standard Kindle but I thought reading the newspaper on it would be brutal, so I went with the DX.

Turn Off Ads?