Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why we don't want Haren

Why we don't want Haren

Some are pointing to Haren as a pitcher the Reds should go after. While Haren is a good pitcher, he is not better then the Reds top 3 and this small tid bit makes him even less wanted:

One general manager hears that interim GM Jerry DiPoto is asking for two starters plus bullpen help in exchange for Dan Haren.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why we don't want Haren

i cant take it anymore. you make the worst posts with the worst opinions. every single post you make i want to smash my face into my desk because it is always horrible

dan haren isnt any better than our top 3?

do you know who dan haren is?

3.68 career era
    7.7 k/9
    07 era 3.07
    08 era 3.33
    09 era 3.14

Bronson career era 4.22
    Cueto career era 4.32
    Volquez career era 4.37

Tell me how these 3 are better than dan haren? should be entertaining....

dan haren would come in here and be no worse than #2 on this staff.....on Cueto right now is better...and maybe Edinson if he returns to form....but Haren is a freaking bulldog...eats innings, gets K's, low ERA, low WHIP....the guy is better than Bronson and some on this site wouldnt trade Bronson for Cliff Lee. (I am joking about that)...Dan Haren is a stud in the mold of a #2-3 starter....he is not a ace....but he would help this team from day 1.

Not sure if I would give up what they are asking if that is indeed what they are asking. matter of fact, I know I would not give up 2 MLB starters unless they are Janish and Bronson....

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Some are pointing to Haren as a pitcher the Reds should go after. While Haren is a good pitcher, he is not better then the Reds top 3 and this small tid bit makes him even less wanted:

One general manager hears that interim GM Jerry DiPoto is asking for two starters plus bullpen help in exchange for Dan Haren.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

If you are asking me who I want to pitch for the Reds next year, Haren, Arroyo, or Harang, im 100% going with Haren. The problem is getting a deal done for what the Dbakcs want, and like BRM said the rumors are that he wants half a pitching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    If you are asking me who I want to pitch for the Reds next year, Haren, Arroyo, or Harang, im 100% going with Haren. The problem is getting a deal done for what the Dbakcs want, and like BRM said the rumors are that he wants half a pitching staff.

thats why he is the interim GM

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Asking prices in trades always begin at exorbitant rates. If they really want to unload Haren, that price will come down within the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    i cant take it anymore. you make the worst posts with the worst opinions. every single post you make i want to smash my face into my desk because it is always horrible

3.68 career era
    7.7 k/9
    07 era 3.07
    08 era 3.33
    09 era 3.14

Bronson career era 4.22
    Cueto career era 4.32
    Volquez career era 4.37

How is Dan doing this year? Really how are his numbers right now at this point this season. I don't give a Rats butt what his career numbers are, I look at what he has done this season and right now, I will take Bronson/Cueto and Leake over Haren.

How is Dan doing this year? Really how are his numbers right now at this point this season. I don't give a Rats butt what his career numbers are, I look at what he has done this season and right now, I will take Bronson/Cueto and Leake over Haren.
    lol then you arent a very knowledgeable baseball fan. half a season doesnt make or break a player.

lol then you arent a very knowledgeable baseball fan. half a season doesnt make or break a player.
    haha.. according to brm's reasoning, corey patterson is better than most of the players on our team (.289 BA, 16 SB)

3.68 career era
    7.7 k/9
    07 era 3.07
    08 era 3.33
    09 era 3.14

Bronson career era 4.22
    Cueto career era 4.32
    Volquez career era 4.37

Child Please...I don't think there's any reason to jump all over the guy. Haren's pushing 31 and has thrown going on 6 straight seasons of 200+ innings. There are lots of ways to decide who is a better fit of a pitcher besides ERA.

Haren's a really good pitcher, but he isn't worth more than Alonzo and Maloney. Maybe another prospect thrown in.

It's crazy for teams like the Reds to clean out the farm system for a 3 month rental. We are on the verge of being a good team for the next foreseeable future. That is all due to young talent and a smart GM.

All BRM was saying is that the price for Haren is too high, and I agree.

no, in fact brm was saying he is not better than any of the reds top 3, independent of asking rpice. then he said the high asking price made him want him less. and i didnt jump all over him for jsut this post. look at his others, they are generally terrible. which brings me to my next question. is there a way to ignore certain people?

also haren is under contract for next yr and wouldnt be a 3 month rental.

No what I see is a pitcher who has had a decent season but not great who could be trending downward. I see our roster and like what I have and don't see how he would be that much of an improvement given what it would take to get him. Sorry if I am going to deal good talent I want someone with strong upside (Lee) who can be a difference maker. Haren is not a difference maker at this point with what we have.

no, in fact brm was saying he is not better than any of the reds top 3, independent of asking rpice. then he said the high asking price made him want him less. and i didnt jump all over him for jsut this post. look at his others, they are generally terrible. which brings me to my next question. is there a way to ignore certain people?

also haren is under contract for next yr and wouldnt be a 3 month rental.
    Right now, at this point, Bronson, Leake and Cueto are having overall better seasons, add to that the return of Edinison and I don't see Haren as a difference maker, and again you have issues with age, work load and such. So KTB, if you were GM I am guessing you would go after him, what are you willing to part with to get this "difference maker".

No what I see is a pitcher who has had a decent season but not great who could be trending downward. I see our roster and like what I have and don't see how he would be that much of an improvement given what it would take to get him. Sorry if I am going to deal good talent I want someone with strong upside (Lee) who can be a difference maker. Haren is not a difference maker at this point with what we have.
    you make no sense. talk yourself in circles and backtrack on things you previously have said.

you dont want to trade our prospects for a pitcher like haren who "could be trending downward"

but you would do it for Lee.

hmmmmm.

Lee is 31, free agent at the end of the year and has a career era of 3.86, WHIP 1.27, 2.93 K/BB

Haren is 29, not a free agent until the end of next season, career era of 3.68, WHIP 1.19, 3.92 K/BB.

numbers dont lie, people do

Turn Off Ads?