Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Stifled sneeze leads Latos to DL

Stifled sneeze leads Latos to DL

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/S...-sneeze-071610

I really have no clever response to this but I sure someone will.

That's thanks to Padres starter Mat Latos, who became the latest baseball player to hit the disabled list for a sneezing injury, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune.

The 22-year-old pitcher was walking down some steps at Coors Field in Denver last Friday when he stifled a sneeze, causing him to experience pain in his side.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Re: Stifled sneeze leads Latos to DL

I let 'er rip, spray flying everywhere, even farting sometimes along with the sneeze.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Phantom DL trip? So he can go deeper into the season?

A blessing in disguise?

I think i could do better.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I once had a car accident due to a sneeze. :O) Guy in front of me slammed on his breaks on a wet road...right as I sneezed. Re-opened my eyes and BLAM!
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

Haunted by walks

He should have stuck his head in the humidor.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I let 'er rip, spray flying everywhere, even farting sometimes along with the sneeze.
    I'm fighting the urge to make that my sig.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Phantom DL trip? So he can go deeper into the season?
    I'm not saying this can't happen (I think the same thing happened to Mike Lansing years ago and he had to have back surgery), but I strongly suspect that this injury was made up by the organization. It has been their well-published plan all along to keep Latos at 160 innings max. Better now than end of season.

I don't think we have to be conspiracy theorists to feel this way. The league probably got tired of hearing about "anxiety" and this is the new flavor of the month.
    ". . . acquiring J. Blanton from Oakland for, apparently, Bailey/Cueto, Votto and a lesser prospect. I do it in a second . . . The Reds' equation this year is simple: Make Matt Belisle your #3 starter . . . trade for Blanton, win 85 or more, be in the mix all summer." - Paul Daugherty, Feb. 8, 2008

Turn Off Ads?