Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well this is good to know

Well this is good to know

Joey Votto and Ryan Zimmerman are among the ten MLB players with the most trade value, if you ask Dave Cameron of FanGraphs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Well this is good to know

Are you saying we should trade Joey Votto?

No I am just glad to see him getting some respect, and to know the Reds actually have "wanted" top quality players...

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Are you saying we should trade Joey Votto?
    Nothing should be off the table. Trading Votto for another high value player? It should be looked at.

And the reds losing decade circles again.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Nothing should be off the table. Trading Votto for another high value player? It should be looked at.

thumbdownthumbdown:thumbdown

That was a joke right?

This is the story of the reds for the past 20yrs.

Breed superstars and give them away for prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    This is the story of the reds for the past 20yrs.

Breed superstars and give them away for prospects.
    And those superstars are where??
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    That was a joke right?
    No.
    It doesnt mean you make a trade, but if something comes up with Votto for Josh Johnson or Jon Lester you should instantly ignore it. You have to entertain all discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullboat View Post
    And those superstars are where??

Well one is in Washington having a very good season...Adam Dunn.

No.
    It doesnt mean you make a trade, but if something comes up with Votto for Josh Johnson or Jon Lester you should instantly ignore it. You have to entertain all discussions.
    Yes you do, there are certain players that are non tradeable and Votto is that. Well wait, if St. Louis calls and offers Matt Holiday AND Albert, then I might consider it...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Yes you do, there are certain players that are non tradeable and Votto is that. Well wait, if St. Louis calls and offers Matt Holiday AND Albert, then I might consider it...
    Non tradable or hard to fine equal value? Its hard to trade Votto just like it would be to trade a Josh Johnson, but could you trade them for each other? Probably. Doesnt mean I would do it, but lets say Yonder Alonso was tearing up AAA, and in the offseason you got offered Josh Johnson for Joey Votto would you be at least very interested in making that deal? I'd have to think hard about it.

Doesnt mean you have to trade the guy but you certainly have to be willing to look at everything.

Non tradable or hard to fine equal value? Its hard to trade Votto just like it would be to trade a Josh Johnson, but could you trade them for each other? Probably. Doesnt mean I would do it, but lets say Yonder Alonso was tearing up AAA, and in the offseason you got offered Josh Johnson for Joey Votto would you be at least very interested in making that deal? I'd have to think hard about it.

Doesnt mean you have to trade the guy but you certainly have to be willing to look at everything.
    Nope I don't deal Votto for pitching. Pitchers are way to short live careers. Votto is a decade type of player. I would think about a deal form say maybe Evan L. from the Rays for him, but not a pitcher...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Nope I don't deal Votto for pitching. Pitchers are way to short live careers. Votto is a decade type of player. I would think about a deal form say maybe Evan L. from the Rays for him, but not a pitcher...
    Fair enough, at least my point got across thats all I was really hoping for.

Turn Off Ads?