Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday July 16th minor league updates

Re: Friday July 16th minor league updates

End of 8 in for the Mudcats. 3-3 tie game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Perez just had a nice play apparently to snag a ball in the gap.

The DSL Reds scored 10--I said 10--runs in the bottom of the 8th to beat the Orioles, 13-9. In over 150 PAs, 19-year-old first baseman Carlos Sanchez has a .478 OBP.

Clayton Shunick has another strong start going--6 innings, no runs, 6 K. Billings leads 3-0. Dayne Read and Jonathan Kaskow each has two hits, and each is batting .328.

Jonathan Correa has fanned six in the first three innings for the ASL Reds, who lead 4-1.

Correa now has 10 K in 5 innings. David Vidal has homered for the ASL Reds, and it's 5-1.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    3 years of bad thumbs?
    Two thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Correa now has 10 K in 5 innings. David Vidal has homered for the ASL Reds, and it's 5-1.
    Vidal now has 2 homers, and it's 8-1. Correa's finished after 5 innings.

David Vidal added a Grand Slam to go along with his solo HR and 3-run HR. What a night for Vidal: 3-for-5 with 3 HR and 8 RBI.

Junior Arias: 2-for-4 walk
    David Vidal: 3-for-5 3 HR (#2, 3, 4), 8 RBI
    Samuel Diaz: 4-for-5

Jonathan Correa: 5 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 10 K ... now has 5 BB/29 K in 23.1 IP this season. 19 year old RHP from San Cristobal, Dominican Republic.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You also asked that, I gave you an answer. He probably is roiding though. Its not like they test for those types of things. Its getting pretty pathetic when it comes to how far someone will go to talk trash on a player. I dont know your post history on Mesoraco but in general how low people go some times is disgusting.
    TKO to GIDP.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    You also asked that, I gave you an answer. He probably is roiding though. Its not like they test for those types of things. Its getting pretty pathetic when it comes to how far someone will go to talk trash on a player. I dont know your post history on Mesoraco but in general how low people go some times is disgusting.
    No need to take that approach with it. This is a discussion board, we're discussing.

Mesoraco has gone from 3 years of Wily Taveras to suddenly hitting like Albert Pujols. If it's development/ post injury as a couple have shared, that's great.

I'm not a minor league expert, so trying to get insights from guys like OBM and GOYA who are living in it daily. I still haven't seen anyone with trending like Mes......although I am told it's common. The lack of a similar example isn't proof that he might be juicing...that's purely hyperbole.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

More on Chapman's outing. Of the 14 pitches he threw tonight, 5 were swings and misses. He showed tonight just how great he can be when he's locating.

Billings won 7-6. Billy Hamilton went 2-for-5 with a triple. Yorman Rodriguez and Juan Duran didn't play.

From the Louisville Courier-Journal:

Aroldis Chapman (6-6) got the victory -- his first in relief -- striking out all four batters he faced. The left-hander threw 14 pitches, 12 for strikes, and hit 102mph.

"His role has changed," Sweet said of the hot prospect. "The handcuffs have been taken off my hands. Before I was restricted on what I could and could not do with him. ... I will use him now in any situation I dictate that will make us a better baseball team. He's happy with that."
    http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...gh+Valley++7-3

obm....did you see Chapman, or just follow on the net?

How far do you think he is from getting the call?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?