Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Could we do a 6 man rotation for a while?

Could we do a 6 man rotation for a while?

I don't really think its a grand idea long term, but with what situation we're in now with the total paranoia over practically every starter we have pitching too many innings, wouldn't this be a remedy to it? Then after a couple two, three starts for each in that rotation, we see how it's worked and who's been rocked, then kick out whoever isn't holding up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Could we do a 6 man rotation for a while?

Another option is to stay with a 5 man rotation using 6 pitchers. That way 4 guys stay on their normal rotation, and you alternate 2 guys in the 5th spot, probably Leake and Wood, or Leake and Harang. That would limit Leake's innings.

Or they could put someone in the bullpen for awhile, as long as they handle them carefully. I would like to see Harang, but Wood is more likely.

I'm just fine with Harang being on the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    I'm just fine with Harang being on the DL.
    I concur

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

We could, but I'd also rather had Harang stick on the DL for another week or so and make a rehab start to bide time.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Turn Off Ads?