Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Need to cut down on the Ks

Need to cut down on the Ks

I know the Reds stil lead in a ton of offensive categories, but when a guy like Jason Hammel strikes out 10 batters, there is a problem. I have been noticing Stubbs and Bruce striking out at an alarming rate as of late. That 7-9 part of the order needs to be patient when it calls for it and also needs to not stare at strike 3 if it is 2 feet near the plate. The only way they should not swing, is if almost hits them or is the most obvious ball ever. Stop staring at strike 3 (mostly Stubbs) it gets old!

After all of that rant, I was still very happy they beat a great Rockies team and started off the second half right. I remember someone saying that 4 game sweeps going into breaks really don't mean much. Look at Texas and now Cincy!

Go Reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Need to cut down on the Ks

Okay maybe the 6-8 hitters mostly. The pitchers get a pass, especially ones named Leake or Wood.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'm really becoming disenchanted with Bruce and Stubbs.

I'd take Heisey over Stubbs any day of the week.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Don't be mistaken, Hammel is no chump. He's been dominant since June started, go look it up.

That being said, the K's have been a problem (especially in Stubbs case), but not enough of one for me to be too concerned. Hell, we've made it this far, I think they can keep winning even if they're hacking, but of course it would be nice if they made a bit more contact.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

"Re: Need to cut down on the Ks"

They sure did that on Sunday.

They rarely saw a third pitch during an at-bat.

Turn Off Ads?