Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Maloney to Louisville

Maloney to Louisville

Maloney sent down. per JFAY.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Maloney toLouisville

Can a Mod please put a space between the o and the L of this title?

Thanks.

Re: Maloney to Louisville

do we know who was removed from the 40 man roster?

Lincoln to 60-day DL.

Maloney is the odd man out. He will become trade bait. Lincoln will never pitch again for the Reds.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Maloney is the Danny Dorn of the Bats rotation. All he does is win.

meh, at least he's looked good in the Reds rotation his last 5 starts going back to last year. Value is value. If another team doesn't balk at his inclusion and it brings the Reds REAL talent at an area of need, LF, SS then ok.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Maloney is the Danny Dorn of the Bats rotation. All he does is win.

meh, at least he's looked good in the Reds rotation his last 5 starts going back to last year. Value is value. If another team doesn't balk at his inclusion and it brings the Reds REAL talent at an area of need, LF, SS then ok.
    Arroyo, Cueto, Volquez, Wood, Leake, and Bailey > Maloney. Unfortunately for Maloney if he were with the Reds 5 years ago he would be the #3 pitcher in the rotation. As for right now he provides this club depth.

Are there any Maloney pimps left on here...it seems like some have been yearning for him to become a regular in the rotation...been quiet on that front lately.

I'll likely get flamed for this...

I don't think Leake is better than Maloney. Leake has been very hittable lately and, and he's been walking a lot of guys lately too. 1 BB in his last two starts, 13 in the four previous to that. Plus he's starting to have the innings pile up. His ceiling MIGHT be higher than Maloney's, but I'm not sure he's the better option 30 days from now. Leake might have 10 starts left in him this year. maybe. He's likely not going to see any work in the postseason.

He isn't a GB machine. his GB/FB ratio is 1.01. GABP can hurt him. Maloney is LH, like Wood, and that has value in the rotation.

No, I am not saying I'd rather have Maloney over Wood. I am saying that all Maloney has ever done at any level is produce, once he's adjusted to said level. He doesn't have to pitch in Safeco or Chavez Ravine to be successful either. The man knows how to get a K, something BTW, Leake does not do well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'll likely get flamed for this...

I don't think Leake is better than Maloney. Leake has been very hittable lately and, and he's been walking a lot of guys lately too. 1 BB in his last two starts, 13 in the four previous to that. Plus he's starting to have the innings pile up. His ceiling MIGHT be higher than Maloney's, but I'm not sure he's the better option 30 days from now. Leake might have 10 starts left in him this year. maybe. He's likely not going to see any work in the postseason.

He isn't a GB machine. his GB/FB ratio is 1.01. GABP can hurt him. Maloney is LH, like Wood, and that has value in the rotation.

No, I am not saying I'd rather have Maloney over Wood. I am saying that all Maloney has ever done at any level is produce, once he's adjusted to said level. He doesn't have to pitch in Safeco or Chavez Ravine to be successful either. The man knows how to get a K, something BTW, Leake does not do well at all.
    Can't say I am totally on board with you but as I've mentioned before Leake has a 5+ ERA since June 1...I'm concerned.

The 5 starters we have ready to roll (Volquez, Cueto, Wood, Leake, and Arroyo) should be starting above him. But the Reds woulld be wise to get rid of Harang and make Maloney our #6. He does have 3.09 ERA.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Can't say I am totally on board with you but as I've mentioned before Leake has a 5+ ERA since June 1...I'm concerned.
    Honestly, I've been concerned since day one. He's been incredibly lucky to this point, and the league now has a pretty good book on him. I mentioned 1 BB in his last two starts. I neglected to mention 17 hits.

That's a lot. Of course Dusty didn't do him any favors in his last start.

Not only is Leake better than Maloney, so is Aaron Harang. I find it doubtful that Maloney will ever be anything more than a spot starter / injury replacement in the majors. He just doesn't have a credible "out" pitch.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Not only is Leake better than Maloney, so is Aaron Harang. I find it doubtful that Maloney will ever be anything more than a spot starter / injury replacement in the majors. He just doesn't have a credible "out" pitch.

I'm not a big Maloney fan but I was impressed how he handled Philly in Philly last week. I thought the Mets game was good but because he pitched at Citi Field, he was fortunate. I thought the Phils would hit him hard but he pretty much shut them down. I suppose being a left handed pitcher is a pretty big asset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    The 5 starters we have ready to roll (Volquez, Cueto, Wood, Leake, and Arroyo) should be starting above him. But the Reds woulld be wise to get rid of Harang and make Maloney our #6. He does have 3.09 ERA.
    This is the kind of post I just don't understand. Bailey's ignored, Harang is pushed aside. Aaron's numbers this year have been pretty darned good. He's not a number 1 starter anymore (not sure he ever was a TRUE #1), but he's a solid ML pitcher who still puts up quality starts and eats a ton of innings. As for Bailey, he's had the occasional rough outing, but he's also had the occasional sparkling gem too. Stuff-wise, he's above Wood, Leake, Maloney.

After the first month, Aaron's 5-4 with a 4.2 era. 54 K's / 21 bb's. Obviously not top of the rotation anymore, but hardly worth sneezing at.

And prior to Homer going on the DL he had just thrown 2 back to back nice outings.
    Last edited by _Sir_Charles_; 07-19-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Turn Off Ads?