Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Should Maloney Have Been Sent Down?

Should Maloney Have Been Sent Down?

I think Mike Maloney can pitch on the major League level. I'm not sure about Jordan Smith . I know Maloney's considered a starter, but I think I'd have liked to have seen him sent to the bullpen and someone else sent down.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Should Maloney Have Been Sent Down?

Yes.

A big league team in the heat of a pennant race is not the place to see if a guy can pitch out of the pen. If you're going to try that experimient, do it in AAA and bring him back up if it works.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Maybe. But I can see a situation where Wood and Maloney are down in Louisville, and Smith, Brey, Owens and Ondrusek are in Cincinnati. That would not make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Brey, Owens
    Are these new players?

Mike Maloney? Brey? Owens?

What team are we talking about?

Yes, I would keep him starting games and he will only be doing that in AAA at the moment.

He gives us security if a SP goes down and who knows what the situation will be with Harang and Arroyo next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Mike Maloney? Brey? Owens?

What team are we talking about?
    I never could spell, and now I can't type either.

The Reds should consider trading Maloney if they could get something in return. There are 6 guys ahead of him plus Bailey if he gets healthy. And you have LeCure for insurance. But he has pitched good enough to maybe interest someone. You might have to package him with a veteran who has the salary to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    I never could spell, and now I can't type either.
    Since when is Mike bad typing or misspelling of Matt?

Sorry, but if you are going to make an opinion about a guy it really helps to get his name right.

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Since when is Mike bad typing or misspelling of Matt?

Sorry, but if you are going to make an opinion about a guy it really helps to get his name right.
    Gee thanks, I'll try to do better in the future.

jordan smith has been doing good so yes.

Jorden looked okay last night...

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

On one hand, I like having starters with major league experience in triple A. On the other hand, I don't think it's fair to keep a guy who is ready for the big leagues in triple A for his career. Maloney could be a serviceable #4 or #5 starter in the Bigs for someone. He has nothing left to prove in triple A.

I look for him to be dealt in the off season or at the deadline. Our 40-man roster is gonna be logjammed this off season with guys moving up. Running out of room for some of these guys.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Turn Off Ads?