Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Roxs @ Reds -- Going for 1st win for T. Wood

7/18 Roxs @ Reds -- Going for 1st win for T. Wood

And the Reds have their "Sunday" Special out there... except for Janish isn't in the line up....

You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/18 Roxs @ Reds -- Going for 1st win for T. Wood

Heisey should have gotten a start, IMO.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

I'm worried about Scott Rolen missing another game. I really wish he had not played in the All Star game and taken the week off. I loved seeing him play, but we need him healthy the second half.
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I like Bruce getting day off to clear his head. I also like Ryan getting a day off, I don't want him overworked into the ground. Dislike Janish STILL not getting any starts. 2 starts in a whole MONTH. Wow. Just pitiful. Personally, I'm starting to wish the Reds would trade Paul...just because I'm starting to feel sorry for him. Or heck, send him to Louisville. Let the kid freaking play!
    2014 predictions:
    99-63 WS champs (Cards take 2nd WC, Mil 3rd, Pit 4th, Chi 5th)
    Bruce/Votto neck and neck MVP race (neither takes it)
    Bailey CYA winner
    Hamilton ROY & GG

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    I'm worried about Scott Rolen missing another game. I really wish he had not played in the All Star game and taken the week off. I loved seeing him play, but we need him healthy the second half.
    Isn't he just sick? I don't think the All Star game had anything to do with that.

Not sure what Heisey has to do to get into a game. Maybe knock .300 points off his OPS and hit left handed?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Isn't he just sick? I don't think the All Star game had anything to do with that.

Not sure what Heisey has to do to get into a game. Maybe knock .300 points off his OPS and hit left handed?
    Rolen is pretty sick from what they've said - Nothing to do with his back.... He'll be ready to play here in a few days....
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    Rolen is pretty sick from what they've said - Nothing to do with his back.... He'll be ready to play here in a few days....
    You sure he's not sad
    Most Vottomatic Player

If Rolen's flu is as bad as mine, don't expect to see him until the middle of the week.

This is excruciating.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Let's hope Nix swings the bat like he did last night. I think 5 runs is enough to win today. Go Reds! Let's get the sweep!

How is this a "Sunday Special" (I hate that term), other than the fact that today happens to be Sunday? Looks like a lot of regulars in the lineup.

C: Miller is starting behind the plate for Hanigan, but Dusty often starts his other catcher in a day game following a night game. Also, Corky has a history with Wood.

1B: Votto. Check.

2B: Phillips. Check.

SS: Cabrera. Check. I know that the RedsZone masses are clamoring for Janish, but Orlando is the regular SS. If Janish were in the lineup today, it would actually lend credence to the "Sunday Special" claim.

3B: Cairo is starting for Rolen, who is sick with the flu. Even if Scotty were feeling better today, I'm not sure you would want to put a guy who likely had been somewhat dehydrated by illness in a game on a hot, sunny day for his first game back.

LF: Gomes. Check.

CF: Stubbs. Check.

RF: Nix is starting today. This is somewhat questionable, but most knowledgable Reds fans would agree that Bruce could use a mental day off to clear his head (though I would have done it last night against the lefty De La Rosa, and started Heisey in RF). But Dusty decided to do it today, and start Laynce against the righty. No harm here. Every good Reds manager I've ever heard--Sparky, Pete, Lou, Davey Johnson, Trader Jack--had always stressed the need to get an occasional start for the bench players, so they can get three or four at-bats in a game to keep sharp. That's all Dusty is doing here.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 07-18-2010 at 01:12 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

On the 2nd pitch of the game Broken Bat roller to 3rd, 1 down.

Jockstocks Homepage

On the 2nd pitch of the AB, fly out to LF - 2 down.

Jockstocks Homepage

8 pitches 3 down. Reds coming up.

An 8 pitch, 1-2-3 inning for Wood. Nice.
    “This one was a perfect one. I don’t know if I can find a better one, better timing. He [Price] really said some great things there. It really encouraged us to go back and do what we do. … I didn’t know he could speak like that.” Brayan Pena 5/21/14

On the 4th pitch of the AB - Gets the K.

Wood threw 1st pitch strikes to all 3 hitters that inning.

Jockstocks Homepage

Turn Off Ads?