Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UFO over Chinese airport

Re: UFO over Chinese airport

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I was sleeping over at a friends (I was 10 or 11 at the time). It was around 1 in the morning and I saw this bright light in the sky that was about the size of a baseball in comparison to the window. It larger than the moon at the time (in perspective, it clearly wasn't larger than the moon, just much closer to us).It was just floating there I guess, not moving for a good 10 minutes. I was terrified and honestly could not move. My friend, had to go to the bathroom really bad went. While he was in the bathroom, the light began to either get larger or get closer. As he flushed the toilet the light, whatever it was did a zig zag type thing across the sky faster than anything I have ever come close to seeing before. Almost made a z type flight pattern before just zipping out of sight. The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes or so. To this day, I still get a little scared to look up into the night sky when I am alone. Still freaks me out.
    Thanks. Definatley creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Since I grew up near Vandenberg AFB and also have been stationed there, this looks like a missle launch in my opinion.

But was a sonic boom heard?

Whatever happens around the 32 second mark of the original video is pretty interesting...
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

I wonder, if there aren't any known lifeforms in our solar system, at least none that we can "see" that would be so complex as to build amazing space ships, then how do they travel from 4.3 light years away (25,278,089,104,689.51 Miles, the nearest star) to just coast along our sky? Sit, then zig zag away? Land with incredibly bright lights with little known purpose? When will they interact already! I mean, don't they need a soda or something? 25 quadrillion miles will wear a brotha out. I'm pulling away from my UFO beliefs as time goes by. I don't believe any videos, any, that I see - until a little dude lands in NY and NBC interviews him.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I wonder, if there aren't any known lifeforms in our solar system, at least none that we can "see" that would be so complex as to build amazing space ships, then how do they travel from 4.3 light years away (25,278,089,104,689.51 Miles, the nearest star) to just coast along our sky? Sit, then zig zag away? Land with incredibly bright lights with little known purpose? When will they interact already! I mean, don't they need a soda or something? 25 quadrillion miles will wear a brotha out. I'm pulling away from my UFO beliefs as time goes by. I don't believe any videos, any, that I see - until a little dude lands in NY and NBC interviews him.
    Love the ones that have bright flashing lights...they can fly across the solar system but are VFR rated apparently....

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    then how do they travel from 4.3 light years away (25,278,089,104,689.51 Miles, the nearest star
    Helloooooooooooooooooooooo. Worm Hole or Black Hole. Come on people, space travel is not that hard to figure out.

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

I think if people truly stopped and thought about how huge the universe is they'd realize the entire concept of extraterrestrial UFOs is a pretty silly one. Just like it's pretty silly to think we'll ever leave our solar system (one of 200 billion stars in our galaxy) with a manned expedition, let alone our galaxy (which is one of 125 billion galaxies in the universe to give a sense of the vast scale we are talking about).

It's actually kind of depressing, I would love for some of this stuff to be legit, but reality is reality.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think if people truly stopped and thought about how huge the universe is they'd realize the entire concept of extraterrestrial UFOs is a pretty silly one.
    Think of it this way -- in an infinite universe there are infinite possibilities.

I just don't seem them wearing mylar jumpsuits.

I just figured they were heading to N. Korea to pick up Kim Jung Il and take him home.

I think if people truly stopped and thought about how huge the universe is they'd realize the entire concept of extraterrestrial UFOs is a pretty silly one. Just like it's pretty silly to think we'll ever leave our solar system (one of 200 billion stars in our galaxy) with a manned expedition, let alone our galaxy (which is one of 125 billion galaxies in the universe to give a sense of the vast scale we are talking about).

It's actually kind of depressing, I would love for some of this stuff to be legit, but reality is reality.
    Our current understanding of physics makes interstellar travel pretty farfetched.

However, it's also pretty farfetched to assume that our current understanding of physics is anything close to complete.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Our current understanding of physics makes interstellar travel pretty farfetched.

However, it's also pretty farfetched to assume that our current understanding of physics is anything close to complete.
    Yeah. Even 200 years ago the things we can do now seemed absolutely out of the realm of possibility.

If aliens were fake why did then what happened to Elvis?

The F-117 Stealth Fighter is early 1970s technology, not known publicly till late 80s early 90s. Its a military aircraft.

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

And our understanding of reality is not complete. I think it's silly to dismiss the notion just because we can't understand how it would work or why.

Assuming we make it that long, imagine where human technology will be in 10,000 years -- and that's just a tiny bucket in the life of the universe.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I don't know if it's been posted, but I heard today that an analysis says this is a combination of video of the Chinese missile launch and a photoshopped UFO.

Here's the story,and here's a detailed explanation.
    Last edited by tixe; 07-21-2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: My UFO doesn't time-travel.

Turn Off Ads?