Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isringhausen to Audition for Reds (UPDATE: Contract Offered)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Isringhausen to Audition for Reds (UPDATE: Contract Offered)

I would love it.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sounds like he won't be ready until near the end of the season anyway. Coco probably needs an insurance policy in case he melts down or runs out of gas. No risk-good reward, I like it.

From Twitter - johnfayman: #Reds' Jocketty expects Isringhausen to sign later today.

This is good stuff. Don't know where they would send him to begin with but I would hope he would grace Five County Stadium here in N.C.

They talked about lousiville to work with Ted Power. Unlike Springer he is going to need a bit longer to get into game shape. I would see him joining the team come Sept when rosters expand.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    This is good stuff. Don't know where they would send him to begin with but I would hope he would grace Five County Stadium here in N.C.

What's Bill Pulsipher up to these days?

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

According to the enquirer, Isringhausen is reporting to Louisville!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

I heard Cowboy is asking for a tryout.

Is Jeff Shaw next? Dumpster diving at its best. The Cardinals are going to get Roy Oswalt and the Reds are getting Russ Springer and Jason Isringhausen. "We are just not going to lose anymore".
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Is Jeff Shaw next? Dumpster diving at its best. The Cardinals are going to get Roy Oswalt and the Reds are getting Russ Springer and Jason Isringhausen. "We are just not going to lose anymore".
    Because the reds need another starter for the long term, they only have like 9 as it stands now.

Leake
    Wood
    Volquez
    Cueto
    Arroyo

with
    Harang
    Homer
    LeCure
    Chapman
    On the back burner

They need a stud rent-a-player, not someone with a horrible contract that will be around for a couple years

I like the moves bringing in Springer and Isringhausen, if one sticks then the moves were well woth it. ESPN is reporting Bailey to report to Class A to begin working his way back into shape, sounds like Harang is TOAST. Imagine Bailey, Springer or Isringhausen, and Chapman in the pen down the strecth replacing Fisher and Smith.

Harang will not be traded for anything of value and I don't see any team in the race come looking to take his contract and buyout with his bad back. I look for him to be be bought out next season as he moves on to the west coast where he signs an incentive type minor league contract with Oakland, SD, Dodgers, or maybe even Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I tend to you agree with you, but this is what happens when you don't want to trade your prospects. They can't stand pat in the bullpen and I'm sure they don't want to overpay for relief, so, right, wrong, or indifferent this is the only they can do.

Johnny Cueto Fan

Looks like he is officially going to Louisville. Nice deal. Hoping to see him come up in the next couple weeks. Good luck to him!

When the market is bare buying up all the stock isnt exactly a bad move. If this was a offseason signing and looked out as a big bring it would be one thing but they are searching for anyone who can help, and I'm pretty ok with it this late in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Because the reds need another starter for the long term, they only have like 9 as it stands now.

Leake
    Wood
    Volquez
    Cueto
    Arroyo

with
    Harang
    Homer
    LeCure
    Chapman
    On the back burner

They need a stud rent-a-player, not someone with a horrible contract that will be around for a couple years
    LeCure is not a major league starting pitcher long term, maybe a bullpen arm. I agree that the Reds do not need Oswalt I am just saying the Cardinals are about to make a bold move and the Reds are diving in dumpsters looking for CHEAP reclamation projects, thus the Cardinals win the divison and the Reds go 82-80.

"We are just not going to lose anymore".
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?