Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Reds sign Isringhausen

Re: Reds sign Isringhausen

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Reds pen is beyond full up. With guys better than izzy. Hope this is simply the reds being courteous.
    Same problem for the last 10 years
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds pen is beyond full up. With guys better than izzy. Hope this is simply the reds being courteous.
    Sign him and trade him to the Pirates, they are in need of BP help.

Maybe they can get some pirogies.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

I have no problem with a minor league contract. It might be nice to have an experienced reliever to teach the bullpen in Louisville a few things and to be available in case of emergency in Cincinnati.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    I have no problem with a minor league contract. It might be nice to have an experienced reliever to teach the bullpen in Louisville a few things and to be available in case of emergency in Cincinnati.
    Agreed. Extra depth and veteran presence is never a bad thing.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Whether they're better than Izzy is dependent on how well Izzy is throwing. Personally I hope he's throwing very well and we sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Whether they're better than Izzy is dependent on how well Izzy is throwing. Personally I hope he's throwing very well and we sign him.
    mth has posted the depth at the bullpen several times, but I can't find the thread where he did it. From looking at that list when mth posted it, I have a really hard time believing that whatever Isringhausen has left in the tank is remotely close to what the Reds have in line ahead of him at this point. Again, it's not exactly 2006 around here anymore...

mth has posted the depth at the bullpen several times, but I can't find the thread where he did it. From looking at that list when mth posted it, I have a really hard time believing that whatever Isringhausen has left in the tank is remotely close to what the Reds have in line ahead of him at this point. Again, it's not exactly 2006 around here anymore...
    All I'm saying is I want to see what he's got left in the tank. Speaking of worrying about who's got what left in the tank, I think our first concern should be our own so-called closer.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    All I'm saying is I want to see what he's got left in the tank. Speaking of worrying about who's got what left in the tank, I think our first concern should be our own so-called closer.
    Frankly, I am less concerned about Cordero with Chapman and Massett on hand. And I surely don't consider the corpse of Isringhausen insurance against Cordero's potential demise.

Not so neat, bullpen fodder.
    Go Gators!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Anyone who can throw strikes and retire hitters is welcome to come to Spring Training and compete for a job, IMO.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Anyone who can throw strikes and retire hitters is welcome to come to Spring Training and compete for a job, IMO.
    Agree. Permitting him to try out may not amount to more than a courtesy to a veteran ball player who chose to sign with the Reds last season. Why not?

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

mmmmm pirogies...

but I would ask that they throw in a primanti bros for good measure
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    mmmmm pirogies...

but I would ask that they throw in a primanti bros for good measure
    With or without Slaw?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Jeff Shaw still wants to pitch

Well at least Russ Springer retired.

Turn Off Ads?