Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offer Stubbs and say Yonder?

Offer Stubbs and say Yonder?

Would Walt be willing to part with Drew Stubbs and Yonder in exchange for Dejesus? I would pull that deal today, then Dusty could go with:

DeJesus
    Phillips
    Hanigan
    Votto
    Rolen
    Gomes
    Bruce
    Orlando
    Pitcher

The Royals' steep asking price for David DeJesus: "a major league-ready prospect, along with at least one midlevel prospect or a pair of lower-level players."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Johnny Cueto Fan

Re: Offer Stubbs and say Yonder?

Can I ask why you have Hanigan batting 3rd?

I would do Heisey and Yonder maybe...

That seems like more than their asking price... Stubbs is already a major leaguer and Yonder is much more than a mid-level prospect. Maybe if we tossed in another guy and could get Soria, but there's no way I would trade DeJesus for those two

stubbs is starting to turn the corner id prefer having him over dejesus as it is right now
    Barry Larkin = Future Hall Of Famer

What does DeJesus' contract look like?

I bat hanigan 3rd because he is a good contact hitter and I think would get even better with Votto hitting behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I bat hanigan 3rd because he is a good contact hitter and I think would get even better with Votto hitting behind him.
    I think a lot of Zoners are fooled by the small sample size of Hannigan. IMO we don't have a catcher that would start on at least 20 teams in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by berryluther View Post
    I think a lot of Zoners are fooled by the small sample size of Hannigan. IMO we don't have a catcher that would start on at least 20 teams in baseball.
    I would disagree, while not a All star, Hanigan is a very good serviceable catcher who makes contact and if had someone very good hitting behind (instead of the pitcher) he would produce even more. Add that it would get Orlando out of the top of the order would improve this offense incredibly.

I wouldn't let Stubbs go right now. He is turning it around and gives and occasional homer. Keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    I wouldn't let Stubbs go right now. He is turning it around and gives and occasional homer. Keep him.
    True but the kid from KC would give us a better obp guy and a possible leadoff hitter. I like Stubbs, but would do it to get this kid from KC

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    True but the kid from KC would give us a better obp guy and a possible leadoff hitter. I like Stubbs, but would do it to get this kid from KC
    Not trying to be rude, but I wouldn't call DeJesus a kid. He is already 30, will be 31 in December. Great Player, but I wouldn't give Stubbs for him-I would give Dickerson and Yonder and possibly Bailey, but not Stubbs.

I'd rather keep Stubbs myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    Not trying to be rude, but I wouldn't call DeJesus a kid. He is already 30, will be 31 in December. Great Player, but I wouldn't give Stubbs for him-I would give Dickerson and Yonder and possibly Bailey, but not Stubbs.
    Why would they take Dickerson? He is a 4th OF at best and has a history of injuries. I like Stubbs but like Heisey a little bit more, so IF I have to part with a major league talent I see more upside with Heisey thus i offer Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Pete View Post
    I'd rather keep Stubbs myself.
    Agreed, cheaper, better defender, and honestly Heisey and Dejesus seem like really similar players and we already have Heisey.

Turn Off Ads?