Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ownership not going to approve extra payroll?

Ownership not going to approve extra payroll?

Maybe it is just me, and I hope it is, but I have the feeling that current ownership is not going to approve any extra payroll for a stretch run trade. Not based on facts just based on what all the reports are implying about the lack of attendance. I think Bob has done an admiral job so far spending money in the right places, aka the minor leagues and scouting in the Dominican, but if he does not step it up and approve a trade or two I think his credibility takes a major hit. Does anyone else get this same feeling?
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ownership

I believe that ownership has a longer term plan than the fans are interested in. I have, and will continue to believe, the team is exceeding managements expectations this year and they're happy with that. I would imagine they're willing to tweak here and there but not willing to make the big move yet.

Just my opinion...

Johnny Cueto Fan

I'm not going to doubt ownership in anyway after the Chapman signing.

Not at all, there is not much of value that is out there that the Reds need.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Maybe it is just me, and I hope it is, but I have the feeling that current ownership is not going to approve any extra payroll for a stretch run trade. Not based on facts just based on what all the reports are implying about the lack of attendance. I think Bob has done an admiral job so far spending money in the right places, aka the minor leagues and scouting in the Dominican, but if he does not step it up and approve a trade or two I think his credibility takes a major hit. Does anyone else get this same feeling?

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

all we can do is think or believe, there is no evidence that either opinion is right or wrong so there is no reason to debate it.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Ownership not going to approve extra payroll?

Cincinnati Bearcats football has been good the last 3 years after being pathetic for their entire existence. They went undefeated last season, won the Big East title, and went to a major bowl game.

They have their highest season ticket sales ever going into this season.

The Reds have been pathetic how long?

If ownership keeps this team on the radar for a couple of years and the fans see long term commitment, ticket sales will start to increase dramatically.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Cincinnati Bearcats football has been good the last 3 years after being pathetic for their entire existence. They went undefeated last season, won the Big East title, and went to a major bowl game.

They have their highest season ticket sales ever going into this season.

The Reds have been pathetic how long?

If ownership keeps this team on the radar for a couple of years and the fans see long term commitment, ticket sales will start to increase dramatically.

EXACTLY....now way us fans are going to get stonewalled into another mirage. Give us a few years of winning baseball and we will again spend all out money on our Reds......I still go to more than my share of games every year....but if we had a streak of 3-5 years of competing baseball, then I would go to as many as my wallet will afford me to go to....I would stop fishing and start going to more games.....I would love to be sitting at GABP in late September as opposed to sitting in my tree stand, but these last 10 years have not been so...the tree stand had more action.

the reds have been bad for so long that i really think that its gonna take at least a FULL YEAR of being competative before attendance really improves. Times are tough and lets face it, baseball tickets are bought with your discretionary (sp?) income. Owners will tell you that you have to come to the ballpark so they have money to invest into the team but I think that fans want to see a complete product before they invest thier hard earned dollars into it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    the reds have been bad for so long that i really think that its gonna take at least a FULL YEAR of being competative before attendance really improves. Times are tough and lets face it, baseball tickets are bought with your discretionary (sp?) income. Owners will tell you that you have to come to the ballpark so they have money to invest into the team but I think that fans want to see a complete product before they invest thier hard earned dollars into it.
    Lets also not forget that Reds fans are some of the most jaded fans in baseball. Everytime I look around fans are either wanting ownership to put together the next coming of the BRM (not possible) or expect the present team to match that teams feet. If this years team makes the playoffs and bows out in the first round people will say..."Well the BRM wouldn't have done that and such."

I wouldn't increase payroll if I was the owner. I've done my job as an owner. It's up to the fans to start showing up.

But then, if I was the owner, I never would have hired Dusty Baker and have a 6-9 record (with 5 shutouts) on Sundays this season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-19-2010 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I wouldn't increase payroll if I was the owner. I've done my job as an owner. It's up to the fans to start showing up.
    2nd place and if the playoffs started today, the Reds wouldn't make it.

And how many playoff games has Castellini's Reds won?

MAN your expectations are low.

"Wow the Reds are actually not a complete joke this season! I mean, sure they aren't in 1st, but they aren't the Pirates this season! Why don't the games sell out every night now?! What is wrong with this city?!"
    "Another note: Gomes told me yesterday that Rolen and Cabrera congratulate teammates for 10-pitch ABs that end in outs, and for sacrificing themselves to get runners over. Gomes said hes never been on a team that did that, not even the World Series Rays." -PD

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    2nd place and if the playoffs started today, the Reds wouldn't make it.

And how many playoff games has Castellini's Reds won?

MAN your expectations are low.

"Wow the Reds are actually not a complete joke this season! I mean, sure they aren't in 1st, but they aren't the Pirates this season! Why don't the games sell out every night now?! What is wrong with this city?!"
    Yes, Chicken Little.

The sky is falling.

The cellar is just around the corner.

We'll be making the 1st pick in the 2011 draft next June.

The team will never win another game.

Put up your REDS' memorabilia in a garage sale because the team is moving to Jacksonville.

Has Bearcats practice started, yet?

......back to reality....

If the REDS win series, the REDS will win the Division. It's as simple as that.

The goal over the next three days is to win the series, not sweep the Nationals. The goal over the last three days was to win the series, not sweep the Rockies.

Set goals, reach goals, win the division.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

But then, if I was the owner, I never would have hired Dusty Baker and have a 6-9 record (with 5 shutouts) on Sundays this season.
    A move showing me that ownership actually wants to win would make me show up more often to the park. I do not like the fact that Bob C seems to be putting the onus on the fans to show up, show me you want to win then I will show up more.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

A move showing me that ownership actually wants to win would make me show up more often to the park. I do not like the fact that Bob C seems to be putting the onus on the fans to show up, show me you want to win then I will show up more.
    Then, as a fan, I don't want you. If first place for most of the season isn't good enough for you, continue to do whatever you're doing and I'll be happy with the fans that are showing up now. Together those fans and I will continue to enjoy this "miraculous" season without you.

Can you give me any credible examples that he doesn't want to win?

Turn Off Ads?