Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bailey would move accept move to pen

Bailey would move accept move to pen

From FayBlog: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

Bailey has never relieved – except under the piggy-back system used in the minors one year – but he’s willing.

“Whatever they want me to do,” he said. “You’ve got to learn to make adjustments. I’ll do whatever they want me to.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey would move accept move to pen

I'm starting to doubt Homer's potential as a starter but I sincerely think he would be awesome in the pen.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I still firmly believe Homer will make an excellent starter but he may have to pitch out of the pen some this year with his injury and this sudden wealth of quality starters we have.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Boiler up!

I know there has been talk from some on here about Homer being able to develop into a closer or at least a durable reliever. I say at this point that may be the best we can hope for with him. I'm glad to see that he is at least open to trying. With the depth of starting pitching the team is starting to put together this may be his last chance at staying with the organization. I think Homer has really turned some of his attitude/immaturity problems around and would love to see him figure it out.

Boiler up!

I remember hearing in the past that Homer had trouble warming up quickly. Is there any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

I will believe it when I see it...

The Third Golden Rule of Bakermetrics: “There’s nothing more valuable than experience,” Baker said.
    In simple terms - 'Crustiness is next to Godliness'.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/

Nice to hear him say that.

Now, if we could only hear those words from Harang.

Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. Having said that, given the choice between starting in Louisville and relieving in the middle of a pennant race, which would you choose?

given the current rotation options Bailey seems the like the one that would work out of the pen more than all the others.

Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger. Having said that, given the choice between starting in Louisville and relieving in the middle of a pennant race, which would you choose?

That's a tough call.

I'd wait to see who "fails" post All-Star break, and see if a demotion is in order for one of the Relievers. If not, I'd put Homer in AAA.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-19-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Harang is basically a free agent to be. We wish he would go easily into the pen, but you gotta remember this guy is trying to have a career. A little selfishness isnt always bad. Homer on the other hand really doesnt get much out of saying no.

My issue is Bailey is having arm issues and moving him to the pen to me only compounds that problem. He needs to heal and be used as trade bait as a Starting pitcher, not bullpen.

He won't be starting in Louisville. He is out of options.

It really comes down to saying he is ok with being in the bullpen or acting like a selfish idiot and saying he doesn't want to be in the bullpen.

Starting or relieving, Homer is in the majors for the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

I agree, I actually think it could be a move that propels Homer's career forward. Have a dominant run as a reliever during a pennant chase would do wonders for his confidence.

Turn Off Ads?