Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cordero in Last Night's Game

Cordero in Last Night's Game

Should the Reds have used Cordero in yesterday's game. The Reds were up 7-2 in the 9th. I feel that Cordero hasn't been as good this year because he's being used in 5 run games when most teams don't do that. It's not like he didn't pitch over the weekend.
    Anyone agree or am I crazy on this one? I'd rather him be crisp down the stretch than have an empty tank in September (and possibly October).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cordero in Last Night's Game

No problem with him going last night, he had Sat/Sun off and last night allowed him to get some work in and maybe work on things with the game not close, actually a good move on Dusty's part to me.

After three years of watching him, I don't think Cordero is any better with extra rest than he is pitching without it. I'll tell you this. I like watching him pitch way more in a 5-run game than I do a 1- or 2-run game.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    After three years of watching him, I don't think Cordero is any better with extra rest than he is pitching without it. I'll tell you this. I like watching him pitch way more in a 5-run game than I do a 1- or 2-run game.
    Yeah, but CoCo can turn a 5 run game into a 1 run game.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Why not pitch little used Micah Owings?

I just don't get Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

I just don't get Dusty.
    Anyone who understands the game doesn't either.

I wondered about this when he came in too, but I think they were just trying to get him work to keep him sharp. Prior to yesterday, he'd only had one inning in the past 10 days.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Boiler up!

I think he likes to keep Micah fresh just in case he has to come in for extended innings. However, with the way our starting pitching has been it just hasn't been necessary. Unfortunately, this is keeping him riding the pine and very likely quite rusty.

Turn Off Ads?