Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Reds CF before weeks end

New Reds CF before weeks end

You can take this to the bank, the Reds will DL Rolen either tonight or at the latest tomorrow and to take his spot on the roster our brand new leadoff man and starting center fielder...

GARY MATHEWS JUNIORthumbdown

Those who are as sicken by that thought as I am remember in the long run it may mean no more Dusty after this season.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Boiler up!

Re: New Reds CF before weeks end

I just don't see this happening...

I think they'd probably bring up an infielder considering none of our outfielders are of the utility variety. Maybe Francisco? Matthews may be up at some point in this season but it won't be in this case.
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 07-19-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blark11 View Post
    I just don't see this happening...

Why not? Gary is "dusty's" boy and now there is an opening on the roster for him without having to demote Heisey. Who else would you see Dusty calling up? Sutton? Don't see him....so here comes GMJ...:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    I think they'd probably bring up an infielder considering none of our outfielders are of the utility variety. Maybe Francisco?
    He's horrible at 3rd. Dusty is going to play Cairo at third as long as Rolen is down, you have Janish as your other IN player. Matthews is "dusty's" AND his type of player...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    He's horrible at 3rd. Dusty is going to play Cairo at third as long as Rolen is down, you have Janish as your other IN player. Matthews is "dusty's" AND his type of player...
    Do you really think they're going to replace Rolen with Matthews or are you just trying to see how many threads you can start? Also, who are they going to drop from the 40-man roster to make this move happen?

It's not going to happen. Period. And as far as who will replace him, it will be an infielder. Take your pick. Sutton or Francisco would seem to be the main options. I agree that Cairo will get the most playing time, but they'll still need an extra reserve infielder
    Last edited by RedsFanInBama; 07-19-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Boo! That had better not happen. Players ranked him as the 3rd most overrated player and funny thing. HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE BIGS AT THE TIME. That is saying something. If that happens Dusty is going to hear me all the way from right field this weekend in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Meat View Post
    Boo! That had better not happen. Players ranked him as the 3rd most overrated player and funny thing. HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE BIGS AT THE TIME. That is saying something. If that happens Dusty is going to hear me all the way from right field this weekend in Houston.
    Bank on it...

So glad Rolen "had to play" in the All-Star game.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So glad Rolen "had to play" in the All-Star game.
    yep he had to play the extra 4 innings, that is exactly the reason why he's hurt
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Bank on it...
    Can we put money on this...I would gladly make a bet that GMJ never sees the GABP unless he does when rosters expand in September.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    yep he had to play the extra 4 innings, that is exactly the reason why he's hurt

Why would they replace an infielder with an outfielder? I think it will be Francisco. He has been hot of late and they already had him on the 25 man at the beginning of the season. Why does Drew Stubbs get benched because Scott Rolen gets placed on the DL. If this turns out to be true, you are clearly the man. But if you are wrong about this, you should post an apology to all of us for starting this thread and personally apologize to Dusty Baker and to Walt Jocketty because he is the GM after all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Voice of IH View Post
    It's not the 4 innings. That's the very least of the activities he had to do.

It's the plane rides, the car travel, the walking to and from the Hotels, the All-Star activities, the warm-ups, and so on, and so on, and so on, and so on.

Instead of going to the REDS' training facility and getting his injuries rested and worked on.

rolen didnt have to play in the ASG at all. if he really wanted out of it, he makes up an injury and they replace him.

Turn Off Ads?