Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This author should be punched

This author should be punched

This guy advocates trading Bruce for a closer, REALLY?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...r-joakim-soria

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This author should be punched

Bleacher Report should be banned. Anyone can create an article there.

Oh look, the same idiot we made fun of a few weeks ago....

its amazing how often i see bleacher report cited on sports message boards. its garbage.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I'd trade Bruce for Soria in a heartbeat. I'm sick of Bruce. He's terrible anymore. I could care less about his age. You can tell he just doesn't have it.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I'd trade Bruce for Soria in a heartbeat. I'm sick of Bruce. He's terrible anymore. I could care less about his age. You can tell he just doesn't have it.
    Agreed he is horrible and my patient has run its course.

BTW thanks Reds fans for running Adam Dunn out of town.

mistake extra post, sorry

i too would trade Jay for a sure fire closer.....and thats it....I just hate to think what Jay could do if someone could teach him a little patience. He needs some teaching right now, maybe he is getting it, who knows?

Its not like we could trade him for some top notch guy though....and if he gets worse over the next year or 2, i dont see his value being so low that it would be worse than it is right now....noone is going to give us a stud closer for Jay bruce right now...not happening.

I am not going to spout out defensive numbers, Bruce is a heck of a defender. But right now Gomes and Stubbs are both out producing Bruce at the dish. How much of a fall off would Heisey be? If Bruce could be traded for a Soria the Reds would be insane not to do it.

I like the move because we could use a better closer. As long as Cordero's a true team guy and okay with it he could still be a great reliever.

Hypothetically, who would be play right field if that goes through?

Stat geek...and proud

I could care less about his age.
    And that's a problem you have to work out with yourself, not Jay's problem. Most people his age are still in AA. You've got to compare him to other players at that point in their careers to truly see his ceiling. Nothing is a sure thing, of course, but running him out of town like WLW callers...and well....the Sun Deck...same thing... seems to want to do is just short-sighted and slightly retarded.

Are you the guy that writes for the Bleacher Report?
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

I don't know if I would trade Bruce yet. But I sure would play Heisey or Nix more. I'm pretty sure, at the major league level, Bruce is getting all the help/advice he needs. He just isn't producing as consistently as he should, or at least as much as we expect him to. I like Bruce, but I think he has been over valued and over-hyped and can't meet fans' expectations. It's time to give somebody else some playing time.

Could you please "tell" us how he just doesn't have it?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Agreed he is horrible and my patient has run its course.

BTW thanks Reds fans for running Adam Dunn out of town.

He is like what 23 years old? You have very little patients...

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    Bleacher Report should be banned. Anyone can create an article there.

Oh look, the same idiot we made fun of a few weeks ago....

Is that Jim Careys strung out brother? And is he pointing at his mouth herpes, or showing the size of....?
    Last edited by bounty37h; 07-20-2010 at 10:46 AM.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?