Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Volquez's quick recovery

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

Volquez's quick recovery

From what I have read most players returning from Tommy John surgery take up to 2 years to return to form. Volquez seems to be all the way back in considerably shorter time. I expected him to return to form in 2011 but everything suggests he's back now or at least very close.

I suspect this quick recovery is due to his steroid use while rehabilitating. The drug he got caught using, from what I have read is a testosterone booster. From what has been written it would be a drug to take following a round of steroids because steroid suppress testosterone.

The question is do you buy the use of the drug for the fertility issue or do you think it is part of a steroid regiment?

I would be in favor of allowing players who are on the 60 day DL to use steroids to quicken their recovery. I would also expect them to be tested and proved to be clean of the drugs before being allowed to come off the DL. MLB would have to oversee and approve the drugs used and the drugs would have to directly contribute to the rehab of the injury.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Volquez's quick recovery

Volquez never lied to me before this. I have no reason to believe he was lying about this. My name's not Frank, but, to be frank, I am not too worried about it.

I am not in favor of allowing any players to use steroids. But, he was not caught taking steroids. We can't assume he took steroids simply because of the substance he used is sometimes used after steroids.

I am pretty sure 1 year is the generally accepted time. He is a little ahead of schedule, but not by a ton.

It's also only one game. I'm not ready to rely on him to pitch like that consistently for the rest of the season.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Turn Off Ads?