Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The NL WC race

The NL WC race

I know it's early, but the WC standings are very interesting....for example: in the AL Central the Tigers are 7.5 games behind, but only 2.5 behind Chi. for 1st in the Div. Winning the Div. will be FAR easier for them.

But in the N.L it's gonna be a dogfight: gotta figure the Reds and Cards will be swapping 1st place back and forth, with no other Central team even a remote threat for the WC.... S.F, Colo. and LA are between 1 and 2.5 back and will be pounding on each other all the way.

The Mets are 3 back in the East. Florida is 6 back, but the odds of them overcoming 6 teams to win the WC is near impossible. It behooves the Reds (and Cards) to beat the west from this point on.

This is gonna be fun.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The NL WC race

In a perfect world, the West and the East would beat up on each other and keep each other out of the spot.. and the Reds would get it or the division without stress of not making the playoffs.. but we all know this world is far from perfect

And to think, I was just happy with a winning season.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    And to think, I was just happy with a winning season.
    Classic case of deminished expectations. Beat to death by so many Bad teams since '91.

By my figuring the Reds are a 3 of 4 fave to make the post... If the Cards and Reds play just .550 ball vs. the other WC teams....and that is VERY doable.

As I said before: the West will beat up on each other from now on. At this point I think the Mets are the team to beat for the WC....

I was 99% sure the Reds would blow last nite's game after the Nat's big inning...but the pen held fast......when do the Reds go West?

Yes.

It's early.

Reds won 1 game tonite and picked up 2 total games in the WC...both to the west I think....play it down if you want, but these games right now are significant! It is a coin toss as to whether the Reds or Cards win the Div...the WC is a pretty good safety net for BOTH teams!

It will come down to the Mets, and just 1 of the West teams, but they will beat up on each other, as I said before. When the Reds go west, just play 550 ball. That WILL get it done.

I forgot about the Phils...picked up 3 games in the WC!
    Last edited by Magdal; 07-21-2010 at 04:02 AM.

But SF has won 8 of their last 9, and the next 7 games are vs. Ariz and Fla. They could decimate those 2 teams! 5 and 2 is VERY possible! However, the Freak fades bad in September....stay close to even with SF and I think it will be all good!

Turn Off Ads?