Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Well good for mike leake

Well good for mike leake

I don't know what kind of voodoo makes us blow his leads...but this one wasn't blown quite all the way. Way to get the W.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Well good for mike leake

No kidding, Mizzou.

Win ballgame. Check.
    Make it exciting. Check.
    Get Mike Leake a win. Check.
    Limit his innings. Check.

In the end things turned out okay.

The question here on out with Leake is what do you do with him? Do you keep to your plan and shut him down around 150-170 innings? If so do you skip starts, limit his innings? Wonder what ole Walt and Dusty will come up with.

I'm afraid the Reds could have a real dilemma on their hands soon. They have a chance at their first playoffs in AGES, and could put that in jeopardy if you shut Leake down. On the other hand, you risk a possible career altering injury to a guy you hope will be a cornerstone in the rotation for years.

If they do back him off, I think they need to do it in a way that keeps him doing SOMETHING so that he can pitch come the playoffs, should the Reds make it.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

I shut him down. I am a Leake fan, and I think he can be a good pitcher for years to come. We have enough starting pitching to get us through this season. We have a great problem in that we are 6 or 7 deep, not just 3 or 4 deep like everyone else. I'm not risking him or Wood. They both get shut down at some point in time.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

I don't think Wood will be a problem. He's only had a few starts and will probably be the odd man out when (if?) Harang comes back. I see Wood stepping in for Leake if they decide to shut him down.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Dump Owings, when Homer comes back and start using a 6 man rotation and also skip some starts

I don't get the whole skip starts theory. Yes, it would decrease the amount of innings. Isn't too much rest a bad thing also?
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

I'd think you could do enough work on the off days to keep from getting rusty. My concern with that is how many pitchers do you have to carry? Once the roster expand in September, that would be great. Before then, I don't know.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    I don't get the whole skip starts theory. Yes, it would decrease the amount of innings. Isn't too much rest a bad thing also?
    Limiting his innings matters more than getting too much rest.

Turn Off Ads?