Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it fair to the fans?

Is it fair to the fans?

Last nights game to me is an example of baseball's greed. To restart that game after a 2.5 hour rain delay and a restart at 11:30pm on a week night no less is not really fair to the fans, or people who work at the stadium and probably have other jobs the next day. If the game was stopped with an 'offical' game being played, then call it and don't make people stay until what like 1-2am or be forced to leave and miss the game they paid to see. Sorry but sometimes the greed of baseball is sad.:thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is it fair to the fans?

When the "fans" of Cincinnati start showing up on a regular basis, then and ONLY then would they have a leg to stand on ...until then, all fans of Cincy need to just shut up and deal with it.

This could be one of the dumbest threads in regards to baseball I have ever read.

if I drive to a baseball game and pay for it, I want my 9 innings at all cost.

If they end the game after five and people leave then fine. If they continue the game 3 hours later, and you have already left, you were going to leave then anyway, so whats the point of this post.

And besides, its not like it happens all the time. Once or twice a season, and those people at that game last night were having a Blast.

you lost me on this one. :idunno:
    "Another note: Gomes told me yesterday that Rolen and Cabrera congratulate teammates for 10-pitch ABs that end in outs, and for sacrificing themselves to get runners over. Gomes said hes never been on a team that did that, not even the World Series Rays." -PD

Again, a brief rain delay is one thing, but to expect fans to be able to stick around a ballpark until possibly 1-2 or even maybe 3 am is wrong. At worse, refund the money to the ticket holders and pick up the game the next day and play it out then start the other game.

brm7675, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Johnny Cueto Fan

Suck it up.
    TWITTER : @KOBasinger

And it was on TV when they got home.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    brm7675, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever seen. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    "A simple 'wrong' would have been fine."
    Founder and Ruling Elite of the Derrick Robinson Fan Club. Limited amount of memberships available.

Yes, the fans are responsible for the clubs, players, ect all making money. Without fans there is no professional baseball.

But when the umpires get together do you really think they are wondering whats best for the fans? No, they are deciding whats best for the teams, the game, and the league.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Last nights game to me is an example of baseball's greed. To restart that game after a 2.5 hour rain delay and a restart at 11:30pm on a week night no less is not really fair to the fans, or people who work at the stadium and probably have other jobs the next day. If the game was stopped with an 'offical' game being played, then call it and don't make people stay until what like 1-2am or be forced to leave and miss the game they paid to see. Sorry but sometimes the greed of baseball is sad.:thumbdown
    wrong

Again, a brief rain delay is one thing, but to expect fans to be able to stick around a ballpark until possibly 1-2 or even maybe 3 am is wrong. At worse, refund the money to the ticket holders and pick up the game the next day and play it out then start the other game.
    Hows that fair to those from out of town that cant come back the next day? Its a danged if you do, danged if you dont kinda situation, someone is going to be upset no matter which way it goes.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Hows that fair to those from out of town that cant come back the next day? Its a danged if you do, danged if you dont kinda situation, someone is going to be upset no matter which way it goes.
    If it's a weekend game, I can see playing it out, but during the week I would bet the number of "out of town" fans is pretty low. Again, if it is a short rain delay that is one thing, but to me if it's past 11pm during the week and you still have almost half the game to play and you are still 20-30 minutes from restarting the game, then you call it.

If it's a weekend game, I can see playing it out, but during the week I would bet the number of "out of town" fans is pretty low. Again, if it is a short rain delay that is one thing, but to me if it's past 11pm during the week and you still have almost half the game to play and you are still 20-30 minutes from restarting the game, then you call it.
    WRONG ill be driving 3 hours each way to go to tonights game. speaking of which, do u even go to games brm? or do you sit at your computer all day complaining?

I agree with this one..A weekend game is ok to delay that long but a game during the week is a bit ridiculous...I'm just glad I didn't drive in 3 hours yesterday..that would have ruined my week..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    WRONG ill be driving 3 hours each way to go to tonights game. speaking of which, do u even go to games brm? or do you sit at your computer all day complaining?
    Yep i make the 2 hour drive on average of 4-5 times per season. And due to my job, I go to weekend games. So you are 3 hours away, if tonight's game get's delayed are you going to stay until it's completed even if that is say 1 or 2am which means it could be 5am before you get back home? Are you working tomorrow or did you take the day off?

Turn Off Ads?