Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football

I wish to take back my prediction of 9 wins. We'll be lucky to get to 8.

Out of the Question:
    @LSU
    USF
    Pitt
    Cincy

Home Field Bailout:
    Maryland
    Syracuse
    UNLV

Toss Up:
    Rutgers (at end of the year with a staff minus Stu or Stu's last game)
    @UConn
    @Louisville
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

I wouldn't be surprised if Stew beats the rush and announces after this game that he'll be stepping down at the end of the year.

Even if they pull this out.
    Last edited by tixe; 09-10-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Stew beats the rush and announces after this game that he'll be stepping down at the end of the year.

Even if they pull this out.
    No, No, No, NO!!! This guy is NOT Don Nehlen he should NOT get to pick his time, he should be thrown out for the complete waste of time his tenure has been for WVU fans. He has been a revisit to the last half of the Don Nehlen era where he feasted on cupcakes got fat and lazy and lost to anyone with a bit of talent (FSU comes to mind).
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Stu Must Go.
    I like Geno!

William Arthur Ward

Glad to see you don't have any strong feelings on this.

That they pulled it out shouldn't change Stewart's fate. The lack of preparation for this game was ridiculous. Should have been a blowout.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Marshall Choked its as simple as that. They went to the prevent too early and went away from what was working and that was getting helmets in Geno's face. They dropped off and Geno showed why he was so highly sought after out of high school.

Stu must Go.
    I (man) love Geno!

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Marshall Choked its as simple as that. They went to the prevent too early and went away from what was working and that was getting helmets in Geno's face. They dropped off and Geno showed why he was so highly sought after out of high school.

Stu must Go.
    I (man) love Geno!
    I wish after Marshall recovered the ball and got into first and goal they would have thrown conventional wisdom out the window and kicked the FG right then. Score would have been 24-6 and the pressure would have been on WVU to score 3 TD's (or 2 TD, 1 conv, and 1 FG to tie) instead of 2.

One thing is for sure after watching this game, WVU is going to lose some games this year. I don't think Marshall choked as much as they simply ran out of gas. Schools with more depth and better talent will be able to hold onto leads.

Doesn't help that Doc Holliday coached at WVU last year and knew what the most predictable coach in college football was going to call either.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I am still reeling after last night. Congrats to the Eer fans; that was a great finish.

For the WV fans, I would look to the wisdom of the late, great Skip Prosser. On the road, all he wanted was to "get in, get a win, and get out". So not exactly impressive, but mission accomplished.

Saw these on facebook, "proof that Marshall cheats":

And the idiot who ran out onto the field:

I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I wish after Marshall recovered the ball and got into first and goal they would have thrown conventional wisdom out the window and kicked the FG right then. Score would have been 24-6 and the pressure would have been on WVU to score 3 TD's (or 2 TD, 1 conv, and 1 FG to tie) instead of 2.

One thing is for sure after watching this game, WVU is going to lose some games this year. I don't think Marshall choked as much as they simply ran out of gas. Schools with more depth and better talent will be able to hold onto leads.

Doesn't help that Doc Holliday coached at WVU last year and knew what the most predictable coach in college football was going to call either.
    I wouldn't have kicked a FG on first down but I wouldn't have given the ball to a freshman "scatback" like Tron Martinez either. At that time holding on to the football was the most impotant task the runningback had and I would not have entrusted that job to a relatively small, freshman runner. Holliday defended Martinez, and the decision, and I understand that, but he shouldn't have made that decision IMO.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I wouldn't have kicked a FG on first down but I wouldn't have given the ball to a freshman "scatback" like Tron Martinez either. At that time holding on to the football was the most impotant task the runningback had and I would not have entrusted that job to a relatively small, freshman runner. Holliday defended Martinez, and the decision, and I understand that, but he shouldn't have made that decision IMO.
    FG would have been perfect. Instead of trying to run up the score, tack on three more points, keep WVU's momentum down, and make them score three touchdowns instead of two to get the victory. It took them up to the 12 second mark just to tie it, so the desperation would have been even more extreme.

Out of curiosity, is there any good WVU message boards? I saw the scout.com message board (BlueGoldNews.com) and its pretty much the standard of every Rivals or Scout board out there, the quality level of discussion is generally lacking. One Marshall poster posted on there with a pretty decent post about the game even commending WVU and was eaten alive.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=2508&t=6349901&p=1

Out of curiosity, is there any good WVU message boards? I saw the scout.com message board (BlueGoldNews.com) and its pretty much the standard of every Rivals or Scout board out there, the quality level of discussion is generally lacking. One Marshall poster posted on there with a pretty decent post about the game even commending WVU and was eaten alive.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=159&f=2508&t=6349901&p=1
    Wow, that was pretty brutal. Reading most other message boards makes me thankful for Reds Zone.

The scout WVU board is comically bad.

Don't have a lot to say about the game other than that it was pretty embarassing. Amazing comeback, but there is no way WVU should have EVER been in that situation. Stewart is an absolute joke.

FG would have been perfect. Instead of trying to run up the score, tack on three more points, keep WVU's momentum down, and make them score three touchdowns instead of two to get the victory. It took them up to the 12 second mark just to tie it, so the desperation would have been even more extreme.
    Kick the FG on fourth down, not first down. If MU had done that the Herd could've burned another minute or two off of the clock. A field goal would have put Marshall up by more than two scores, 24-6.
    I understand why Holliday wants to defend and protect Martinez, and fumbles happen. I just think that in that situation you do not give the ball to a relatively small freshman running back.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?