Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    The scout WVU board is comically bad.

Don't have a lot to say about the game other than that it was pretty embarassing. Amazing comeback, but there is no way WVU should have EVER been in that situation. Stewart is an absolute joke.
    Ya raise concerns about ANYTHING about Stu and they want to revoke your fandom. Anytime anything big is breaking I'll check in on it but otherwise I hardly go there. If youre not "a win is a win regardless how bad we look" fan dont bother going to the scout board.

Its not just about one game for me. We have seen replays of the game too many times against inferior teams for me to stomach this coaching staff any longer. The defense at least USUALLY holds up its end of the bargain and is why we havent lost near as many games as we arguably should have.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Ya raise concerns about ANYTHING about Stu and they want to revoke your fandom. Anytime anything big is breaking I'll check in on it but otherwise I hardly go there. If youre not "a win is a win regardless how bad we look" fan dont bother going to the scout board.

Its not just about one game for me. We have seen replays of the game too many times against inferior teams for me to stomach this coaching staff any longer. The defense at least USUALLY holds up its end of the bargain and is why we havent lost near as many games as we arguably should have.
    Which brings me back to my original question:

Is there any good WVU message boards?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Which brings me back to my original question:

Is there any good WVU message boards?
    Does this one count?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Does this one count?
    Good seasonal thread with about 4 WVU fans posting in it (you, HB, tixe, and Slyder). Thats about it though.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Good seasonal thread with about 4 WVU fans posting in it (you, HB, tixe, and Slyder). Thats about it though.
    Reds Zone often has better threads about football, soccer, hockey, etc. than boards dedicated to those sports. I can't stand WVU but I enjoy discussing the Eers with the folks here. Homer et al are fun and rational, even when they tick me off.

I'm yet to find a good WVU board, which is actually a pretty good microchasm into the WVU fanbasee as a whole. Then again, I compare that board to this one, which is about as broad of a spectrum as one can imagine.

I'm actually randomly headed to Morgantown for the Maryland game this weekend, and Baton Rouge next weekend for the LSU game. Wouldn't be surprised if WVU dropped both of them. I like the under again for this Maryland game.

I'm yet to find a good WVU board, which is actually a pretty good microchasm into the WVU fanbasee as a whole. Then again, I compare that board to this one, which is about as broad of a spectrum as one can imagine.

I'm actually randomly headed to Morgantown for the Maryland game this weekend, and Baton Rouge next weekend for the LSU game. Wouldn't be surprised if WVU dropped both of them. I like the under again for this Maryland game.
    Call me a homer or dumb but I feel that we'll beat Maryland and of course lose to LSU. Call it a hunch, 31-17.

Next weekend vs. LSU 38-20

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Reds Zone often has better threads about football, soccer, hockey, etc. than boards dedicated to those sports. I can't stand WVU but I enjoy discussing the Eers with the folks here. Homer et al are fun and rational, even when they tick me off.
    I enjoy posting about WVU here more than anywhere even though there are just a handful of fans. 1. If we really tick each other of we are all still Reds fans, and the Reds are #1 on my totem poll of favorite teams, so sorry WVU but the Reds trump you.

B. If you try going to a WVU board and bash ole' coach Barney Fife you get crucified...Stewart knows what he's doing, he is a good man, he is better than Rich Rod, blah-blah-blah!!!

I enjoy posting about WVU here more than anywhere even though there are just a handful of fans. 1. If we really tick each other of we are all still Reds fans, and the Reds are #1 on my totem poll of favorite teams, so sorry WVU but the Reds trump you.
    I feel the same way. I'm Marshall born and bred and have a graduate degree from Xavier. I love both of my schools but the Reds dominate my sports world. In the end, my love of the Reds trumps that for all other sports teams.

B. If you try going to a WVU board and bash ole' coach Barney Fife you get crucified...Stewart knows what he's doing, he is a good man, he is better than Rich Rod, blah-blah-blah!!!
    To a lesser extent, I see your point, but something to keep in mind:

If you are posting on a website like Scout.com or Rivals, recruits tend to read those websites. They want to portray the image that they support the coach because otherwise, the program would suffer. You pretty much have to be a full on homer to post there and that likely applies to any college message board.

I know I had my fill of it toward the latter years of Orlando Tubby Smith at Kentucky.

I just got a call from by brother in law that he had won two tickets to the game tomorrow, so we're heading up in the morning. This might be an indicator game; we'll see. After last week, I am at least looking forward to getting a look at Geno.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Always nice to beat Maryland, but WV should consider playing a whole game and not just half of one next week in Baton Rouge.

Maybe they're working their way up to playing a full game. Played about 10 minutes last week, 30 minutes this week and hopefully 60 minutes next week.

I liked it that they didn't completely cave after they gave up the second half points. They made a ton of mistakes (it was idiotic for Jock Sanders to throw that pass while he was being tackled, for instance,) but the defense stepped up in the end. I was pretty impressed with Geno Smith, even though many of the completions were more on the receivers (yeoman's job by Steadman Bailey) than on him, simply because he had the confidence to throw the ball when he needed to instead of prematurely tucking and running. I think he's going to be a good one.

On the whole, a fun game. Well, except for the sunburn I'm treating right now. Next week will likely be another story, but this one gives me a little more hope for a decent season.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Always nice to beat Maryland, but WV should consider playing a whole game and not just half of one next week in Baton Rouge.

Maybe they're working their way up to playing a full game. Played about 10 minutes last week, 30 minutes this week and hopefully 60 minutes next week.
    Sure seems that way don't it?!

Oh well we are 3-0 and hopefully the Big East title is coming back home where it should be in Mo-Town this year...I'm sick of pretenders (you know who you are!) NOT representing the Big East well in their BCS games!

Turn Off Ads?