Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    They gave them a free 7 points. To act like that had no bearing on the game would be asinine.

And I'm far from a Stewart fan.
    If it were just about one game I wouldnt mind so much. But we are CONSTANTLY relying on the defense to keep us in games. If your defense allows less than 20 pts in a game you better be able to to at least find 3 ways to score without botching it. But listening to Stew the last few weeks you would think we still had RR's offense scoring 30+ pts a game and the defense couldnt stop a high school team. He is NEVER critical of the problem and thats the offense. Its been that way since he took over. Its the same song and dance each week. We did not have less talent than Syracuse or UConn, we were outcoached by better coaches thats a direct look at the issue we have.

The defense is the ONLY reason we are even remotely capable of still playing for the Big East Crown, without the defensive staff in place we are done as long as Bill Stewart is Head Coach.
    Last edited by Slyder; 11-14-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    If it were just about one game I wouldnt mind so much. But we are CONSTANTLY relying on the defense to keep us in games. If your defense allows less than 20 pts in a game you better be able to to at least find 3 ways to score without botching it. But listening to Stew the last few weeks you would think we still had RR's offense scoring 30+ pts a game and the defense couldnt stop a high school team. He is NEVER critical of the problem and thats the offense. Its been that way since he took over. Its the same song and dance each week. We did not have less talent than Syracuse or UConn, we were outcoached by better coaches thats a direct look at the issue we have.

The defense is the ONLY reason we are even remotely capable of still playing for the Big East Crown, without the defensive staff in place we are done as long as Bill Stewart is Head Coach.
    I don't think we are talking about the same thing anymore.

I don't think we are talking about the same thing anymore.
    Sorry the drinks I had clouded my reading comprehension earlier.

I am tired of the constant excuse making you hear every week out of him. And that UC game last year was just one of many built in excuses people and him used as to why we didnt go to the goal of BcS game.

This isnt his first year, its his third year and always during press conferences and radio appearances he is constantly making up excuses and this was one of them he spouted last year... as if this was the final play of the game and stew defenders would say we should have won 17-16 if not for that call. There was another half to play in that game. Plenty of time for us to make adjustments and look at what worked in the first half (Clarke).

Making excuses as to why we only beat Liberty by 13, excuses as to why we struggle with Marshall, Colorado, etc and everyone else seems to have little trouble with them that are looking for similar goals as we (BCS, league championship, etc). Constantly piling on the d when its the ONLY thing we have going for us right now (and why the trajectory has not rivaled Kragthrope). You hear people say that this team is "young" when we returned 18 starters I believe.

I am tired of people building up bad teams to try and make Stew look better. His big win since Oklahoma we were an underdog vs Pittsburgh. Every other even remotely big game we've come out with egg on our face as we squeak by barely if we win at all. I thought Cincy was having a better year but after reading the UC thread theres just as many questions as there are answers with all the changes going on there. People went running "how do you like Stew now" as if we beat Ohio State.

This team has talent the LSU is proof of that, but it is so poorly managed on the offensive side (in most games) of the ball, but yet there has been no even rumor of change when this is the third year where we are maybe average to below average. Casteel is the one holding the team together because he's gotten the most out of his guys. They've been nearly standing on their heads just to try and hold people under 14 just for a chance to win.

I am just tired of the excuses. He is back half of the 90s with Nehlen, he's not Bowden. I wouldn't embarrass Bowden by even sniffing like that was even remotely accurate.
    Last edited by Slyder; 11-14-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Its such a contrast in listening to Coach Stewart and Coach Huggins. WVU wins by 14 over Davidson in a tournament game. Post game you would think that Davidson won by 14. Constantly showing guys what theyre doing wrong, where they need to improve, all things that Stew lacks.

I could listen to Huggins talk basketball all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

West Virginia: West Virginia says there is no truth at all to the report that surfaced late last night about Bill Stewart retiring.
    http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I think the finish to the season combined with the win over Pitt has probably saved Stewart's job for now. If WVU had managed to drop either or both of the Louisville/UC games and lost to Pitt, I could see it being a possibility.

Over the long haul though, it could be a problem. I've often said that Bill Stewart reminds me a lot of Tubby Smith, a good family man that you know will take care of your kids and will contend on a regular basis for awhile, but will never take the program to the next level of success.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Stewart will stay, Mullen and Johnson will be gone. That's my official prediction.

Stewart will stay, Mullen and Johnson will be gone. That's my official prediction.
    I would be content with that.

I would be content with that.
    Agreed, I'm not a Bill Stewart fan, but if I had to choose one or the other to go it would definitely be Mullen.

Let's go Bulls!

Let's go Bulls!
    I will be at the WVU game on Saturday. My gf's family bought tickets for us to go. Only downside is I have to work as soon as I get back into Parkersburg that night and will have to leave as soon as the game is over.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I will be at the WVU game on Saturday. My gf's family bought tickets for us to go. Only downside is I have to work as soon as I get back into Parkersburg that night and will have to leave as soon as the game is over.
    Good Luck getting out of there... youlll probably need it. Drive Safe.

Good Luck getting out of there... youlll probably need it. Drive Safe.
    Fortunately I won't be driving, but it looks like it could be a fun trip with the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Very nice, enjoy the game. Your g/f is a keeper, I can tell .

Turn Off Ads?