Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 197

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

  1. #31
    Big Red Machine RedsBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Out Wayne
    Posts
    22,739

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Marshall has no room for any sort of expansion in the current stadium and no where to add on to it because of the design of it. Its stuck in a division IAA sized stadium playing IA football.
    While WVU fans have made some decent point on this thread (for example I checked online and confirmed that its series with East Carolina has largely been on a 2 for 1 basis), that statement seems to be incorrect. I can recall friends in the construction and architectural trades that previously told me that the stadium was designed for expansion. I do know the stadium has been expanded from its original 30,000 seats to 38,000 (a client of mine did the expansion work). An online search I did a few minutes ago found articles indicating that the stadium was designed to be expanded to either 50,000 or 55,000 seats.
    That does not of course mean that MU will obtain funding for such an expansion, and, yes, MU generally hasn't drawn that well in recent years, but the losing seasons posted by the Mark Snyder regime didn't help.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    I certainly don't want to spend too much of my time debating the Marshall-WVU series, but please don't compare it to the ECU series. WVU also schedules that game for recruiting purposes, as well as many of other reasons already listed.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    I said it before and I'll say it again there is no excuses for letting Coastal Carolina to stay within 30 of us. If we do not beat CC by AT LEAST 30 the entire offensive staff ought to resign immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  5. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again there is no excuses for letting Coastal Carolina to stay within 30 of us. If we do not beat CC by AT LEAST 30 the entire offensive staff ought to resign immediately.
    Honestly I'm watching the game until 4:10, then I switching to what really matters, the Fox baseball game of the week!

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Braintree, MA
    Posts
    2,071

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    I'm a fan of neither Marshall nor WV, but re: the Marshall/WV series, it's too bad it couldn't have been worked out in time for the Marshall golden years in the late '90s/early 2000s. Those games would have been fun for me, as a neutral observer, to have watched.

    Marshall has fallen off a cliff for now, though, so there is no reason for anyone without a dog in the fight (or money on the game) to watch. Which is too bad.

  7. #36
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    I didn't get to watch today as I was at the ND game, and working under the assumption that it would be available on demand on espn3.com, but of course it isn't. Only thing I want to know about is the O-Line. I've heard it was not good, and by looking at the stat sheet, I'm guessing that is accurate. Anyone got a report?

  8. #37
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,397

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    Judging from the opening week, you WVU fans don't have too much to worry about against us on Friday. The Herd looked completely lost and mentally unprepared.

    There, hopefully I jinxed you!

  9. #38
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Judging from the opening week, you WVU fans don't have too much to worry about against us on Friday. The Herd looked completely lost and mentally unprepared.

    There, hopefully I jinxed you!
    From what I read about the WVU game, we have every reason to be worried. Offensive line was my only concern going into this year, and it sounds like we've made zero improvements. If Noel Devine is averaging 4 yards a carry vs. Coastal Carolina, then something is very very wrong.

  10. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    From what I read about the WVU game, we have every reason to be worried. Offensive line was my only concern going into this year, and it sounds like we've made zero improvements. If Noel Devine is averaging 4 yards a carry vs. Coastal Carolina, then something is very very wrong.
    Jeff Mullen wasnt a good OC at Wake, he hasnt been even average here, what makes you think he's going to suddenly improve? The dudes be HORRENDOUS with the weapons WVU has had.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"


  11. #40
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,443

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Judging from the opening week, you WVU fans don't have too much to worry about against us on Friday. The Herd looked completely lost and mentally unprepared.

    There, hopefully I jinxed you!
    I think this game will be closer than a lot of WVU fans want to believe.

    1. The game is in Huntington. WVU fans would be wise to stay at home.

    2. Doc Holliday knows the WVU players and their strengths and weaknesses. This would be the perfect game to plan against.

    In the end, I think WVU pulls it out in the second half, but like every other game in this series, 3/4 of the state will be on the edge of their seats at halftime. Marshall will run out of gas and WVU will cruise in the second half.

    That being said, this is the most winnable game for Marshall of the entire Friends of Coal Bowl series. If Marshall doesn't do it this season, it probably will not be done unless the two meet in a bowl bid sometime in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  12. #41
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think this game will be closer than a lot of WVU fans want to believe.

    1. The game is in Huntington. WVU fans would be wise to stay at home.

    2. Doc Holliday knows the WVU players and their strengths and weaknesses. This would be the perfect game to plan against.

    In the end, I think WVU pulls it out in the second half, but like every other game in this series, 3/4 of the state will be on the edge of their seats at halftime. Marshall will run out of gas and WVU will cruise in the second half.

    That being said, this is the most winnable game for Marshall of the entire Friends of Coal Bowl series. If Marshall doesn't do it this season, it probably will not be done unless the two meet in a bowl bid sometime in the future.
    I don't disagree with anything here, except I can promise you there will PLENTY of gold in the stands on Friday night.

  13. #42
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: 2010 WVU Football

    I have no idea if Stew is going to donate this game tonight or not, but I do know that under 47 points is a lock.

  14. #43
    I'm gettin paper Homer Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    4,689

    Re: 2010 WVU Football

    Sigh. The Coal Bowl has been extended.

    Although the configuration of games in the 10-year extension hasn’t been announced, sources with knowledge of the negotiations say it will be a pair of one-for-ones followed by a pair of two-for-ones.
    http://www.herald-dispatch.com/break...Bowl-extension

  15. #44
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,443

    Re: 2010 WVU Football

    Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I have no idea if Stew is going to donate this game tonight or not, but I do know that under 47 points is a lock.
    From what I've read WVU is only favored by a FG.

    IF Marshall does the unthinkable tonight, wonder how much Stewarts job security will take a hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  16. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: 2010 WVU Football

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    From what I've read WVU is only favored by a FG.

    IF Marshall does the unthinkable tonight, wonder how much Stewarts job security will take a hit?
    New Year, Same story so far. Just like the last two years Marshall outplays and outcoaches WVU in the first half. Will they be able to wear Marshall out? For Stew's sake I hope so.

    And If our esteemed government had anything to do with this **** game being extended they need kicked out for ignoring REAL problems.

    I am seriously considering changing my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

    Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25