Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Marshall has no room for any sort of expansion in the current stadium and no where to add on to it because of the design of it. Its stuck in a division IAA sized stadium playing IA football.
    While WVU fans have made some decent point on this thread (for example I checked online and confirmed that its series with East Carolina has largely been on a 2 for 1 basis), that statement seems to be incorrect. I can recall friends in the construction and architectural trades that previously told me that the stadium was designed for expansion. I do know the stadium has been expanded from its original 30,000 seats to 38,000 (a client of mine did the expansion work). An online search I did a few minutes ago found articles indicating that the stadium was designed to be expanded to either 50,000 or 55,000 seats.
    That does not of course mean that MU will obtain funding for such an expansion, and, yes, MU generally hasn't drawn that well in recent years, but the losing seasons posted by the Mark Snyder regime didn't help.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I certainly don't want to spend too much of my time debating the Marshall-WVU series, but please don't compare it to the ECU series. WVU also schedules that game for recruiting purposes, as well as many of other reasons already listed.

I said it before and I'll say it again there is no excuses for letting Coastal Carolina to stay within 30 of us. If we do not beat CC by AT LEAST 30 the entire offensive staff ought to resign immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I said it before and I'll say it again there is no excuses for letting Coastal Carolina to stay within 30 of us. If we do not beat CC by AT LEAST 30 the entire offensive staff ought to resign immediately.
    Honestly I'm watching the game until 4:10, then I switching to what really matters, the Fox baseball game of the week!

I'm a fan of neither Marshall nor WV, but re: the Marshall/WV series, it's too bad it couldn't have been worked out in time for the Marshall golden years in the late '90s/early 2000s. Those games would have been fun for me, as a neutral observer, to have watched.

Marshall has fallen off a cliff for now, though, so there is no reason for anyone without a dog in the fight (or money on the game) to watch. Which is too bad.

I didn't get to watch today as I was at the ND game, and working under the assumption that it would be available on demand on espn3.com, but of course it isn't. Only thing I want to know about is the O-Line. I've heard it was not good, and by looking at the stat sheet, I'm guessing that is accurate. Anyone got a report?

Judging from the opening week, you WVU fans don't have too much to worry about against us on Friday. The Herd looked completely lost and mentally unprepared.

There, hopefully I jinxed you!

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Judging from the opening week, you WVU fans don't have too much to worry about against us on Friday. The Herd looked completely lost and mentally unprepared.

From what I read about the WVU game, we have every reason to be worried. Offensive line was my only concern going into this year, and it sounds like we've made zero improvements. If Noel Devine is averaging 4 yards a carry vs. Coastal Carolina, then something is very very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    From what I read about the WVU game, we have every reason to be worried. Offensive line was my only concern going into this year, and it sounds like we've made zero improvements. If Noel Devine is averaging 4 yards a carry vs. Coastal Carolina, then something is very very wrong.
    Jeff Mullen wasnt a good OC at Wake, he hasnt been even average here, what makes you think he's going to suddenly improve? The dudes be HORRENDOUS with the weapons WVU has had.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post

I think this game will be closer than a lot of WVU fans want to believe.

1. The game is in Huntington. WVU fans would be wise to stay at home.

2. Doc Holliday knows the WVU players and their strengths and weaknesses. This would be the perfect game to plan against.

In the end, I think WVU pulls it out in the second half, but like every other game in this series, 3/4 of the state will be on the edge of their seats at halftime. Marshall will run out of gas and WVU will cruise in the second half.

That being said, this is the most winnable game for Marshall of the entire Friends of Coal Bowl series. If Marshall doesn't do it this season, it probably will not be done unless the two meet in a bowl bid sometime in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think this game will be closer than a lot of WVU fans want to believe.

1. The game is in Huntington. WVU fans would be wise to stay at home.

2. Doc Holliday knows the WVU players and their strengths and weaknesses. This would be the perfect game to plan against.

In the end, I think WVU pulls it out in the second half, but like every other game in this series, 3/4 of the state will be on the edge of their seats at halftime. Marshall will run out of gas and WVU will cruise in the second half.

That being said, this is the most winnable game for Marshall of the entire Friends of Coal Bowl series. If Marshall doesn't do it this season, it probably will not be done unless the two meet in a bowl bid sometime in the future.
    I don't disagree with anything here, except I can promise you there will PLENTY of gold in the stands on Friday night.

Re: 2010 WVU Football

I have no idea if Stew is going to donate this game tonight or not, but I do know that under 47 points is a lock.

Sigh. The Coal Bowl has been extended.

Although the configuration of games in the 10-year extension hasn’t been announced, sources with knowledge of the negotiations say it will be a pair of one-for-ones followed by a pair of two-for-ones.
    http://www.herald-dispatch.com/break...Bowl-extension

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I have no idea if Stew is going to donate this game tonight or not, but I do know that under 47 points is a lock.
    From what I've read WVU is only favored by a FG.

IF Marshall does the unthinkable tonight, wonder how much Stewarts job security will take a hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    From what I've read WVU is only favored by a FG.

IF Marshall does the unthinkable tonight, wonder how much Stewarts job security will take a hit?
    New Year, Same story so far. Just like the last two years Marshall outplays and outcoaches WVU in the first half. Will they be able to wear Marshall out? For Stew's sake I hope so.

And If our esteemed government had anything to do with this **** game being extended they need kicked out for ignoring REAL problems.

I am seriously considering changing my signature.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?