Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if something ever happened at a WVU game in which the fans caused a forfeit. To be honest, it should have happened during the Pitt game last year when the fan threw a penny and hit Tom Herrion (who ironically is now the coach at Marshall) in the eye after Huggins told the fans they were being stupid.
    I can't say that I would have been devastated...basketball really has no bearing on my life, sure making the Final Four last year was great and all but when we lost to Duke the feeling of emptiness and failure did not at all affect me the way a loss in football does (really the only thing I was upset about was the fact that I lost a 20.00 bet to my cousin who is a huge Duke fan and I really just made the bet so I would be interested in the game, like I said I don't like basketball). I probably would have been on suicide watch had Marshall upset us the other day, that is how serious I take Mountaineer Football!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I can't say that I would have been devastated...basketball really has no bearing on my life, sure making the Final Four last year was great and all but when we lost to Duke the feeling of emptiness and failure did not at all affect me the way a loss in football does (really the only thing I was upset about was the fact that I lost a 20.00 bet to my cousin who is a huge Duke fan and I really just made the bet so I would be interested in the game, like I said I don't like basketball). I probably would have been on suicide watch had Marshall upset us the other day, that is how serious I take Mountaineer Football!
    I went to a WVU game once and thought I was going to get killed. That was the game where Ohio State demolished WVU.

That is still my pick as the best Ohio State football team in my lifetime.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

LSU is a 10.5 pt favorite against WVU Saturday. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    LSU is a 10.5 pt favorite against WVU Saturday. Wow.
    I find that hard to believe.

LSU's offense isn't up to par. Defensively they are stout, but its going to be a slugfest regardless. Will definitely be a test as to whether or not WVU is for real this year.

Playing at night in Death Valley though will make for an interesting evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I find that hard to believe.

LSU's offense isn't up to par. Defensively they are stout, but its going to be a slugfest regardless. Will definitely be a test as to whether or not WVU is for real this year.

Playing at night in Death Valley though will make for an interesting evening.
    I honestly expect us to lose, but I do think it will be a close one.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I honestly expect us to lose, but I do think it will be a close one.
    I'm glad theres one of us that does. I think this is going to be UGLY in a bad way especially if we dont have early success like vs Maryland.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Please see the sig, I have seen enough of the offense and special teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Not over yet, but WV likely gave this one away with their ineptitude in the first quarter. LSU was up 17-0 without doing a thing on offense.

Bill Stewart sucks, he should be castrated, oh yeah I forgot he never had it to begin with.

I was pretty impressed with the D. I was expecting a blowout, but the defense kept them in the game. They may be elite on that side of the ball this season.

Problem's the offense, of course. This week, there are excuses. Death Valley's an amazingly tough place to play, and it obviously affected Geno. The line didn't look good at all, maybe because of the shifting caused by the injury to Jenkins.

Here's the thing: look at the schedule and the way Big East teams are playing right now, and I'm not sure this team will lose more than two more games. They may not even lose that many, as good as the defense looks. That means Stew will be back.

Geno Smith has the potential to be a first class QB. It's a crime to not have a better offense for him to work in. Something needs to be done. It's not as if I have any pull, but I think that they really need to get rid of Mullen and bring somebody in who can approach the offense with a fresh perspective. I'm not sure who's out there; Steve Logan comes to mind, but that's without really thinking about it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Here's the thing: look at the schedule and the way Big East teams are playing right now, and I'm not sure this team will lose more than two more games. They may not even lose that many, as good as the defense looks. That means Stew will be back.
    I know I'll just feel terrible for you poor guys if you have to suffer through an 11-1 or 10-2 season and keep your coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I know I'll just feel terrible for you poor guys if you have to suffer through an 11-1 or 10-2 season and keep your coach.
    Our coach is holding back this program's true potential...

Did we really just score 49 points?

Man, if this team had an offensive line, I seriously think we could do some major damage on the national scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Did we really just score 49 points?

Man, if this team had an offensive line, I seriously think we could do some major damage on the national scene.
    Good day to be a Mountaineer, reminded me of the good old days of the Rich Rod era, hopefully we can return to that style of football every game.

Fire. Him.

Turn Off Ads?