Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football

I told you there would be at least 1 game vs someone that we shouldnt that we lose. But Seriously SYRACUSE? FREAKING SYRACUSE! PLEASE NOTE THE SIGNATURE!

Stu is just so far over his head that its not even funny any more. Please Mr. Luck find another position within the athletic department and hire a real football coach. And clean house on the offensive side.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I told you there would be at least 1 game vs someone that we shouldnt that we lose. But Seriously SYRACUSE? FREAKING SYRACUSE! PLEASE NOTE THE SIGNATURE!

Stu is just so far over his head that its not even funny any more. Please Mr. Luck find another position within the athletic department and hire a real football coach. And clean house on the offensive side.
    The funny thing is, as inept as Bill Stewart is, WVU still could win the Big East. I think Pitt will lose a game, and it may be to WVU.

I was at work listening to the game yesterday and people were calling for Stew to pull Geno. I was thinking, "and replace him with who?"
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The funny thing is, as inept as Bill Stewart is, WVU still could win the Big East. I think Pitt will lose a game, and it may be to WVU.

I was at work listening to the game yesterday and people were calling for Stew to pull Geno. I was thinking, "and replace him with who?"
    Barry Brunetti would probably be the backup. I think Johnson still has his head elsewhere in his possible search for a transfer (homesick). Coley White if you wanted to try and work the option more.

I think the thought process was that you let Geno sit the rest of teh game out. Watch the tape once and then burn it. Let him start fresh for UConn.
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Ha I needed a good laugh this evening! Trust me man, we suck, I'm tired of living in this false hope and denial that the Rich Rod era gave us. As long as that lying scumbag is our headcoach we'll continue to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    Ha I needed a good laugh this evening! Trust me man, we suck, I'm tired of living in this false hope and denial that the Rich Rod era gave us. As long as that lying scumbag is our headcoach we'll continue to suck.
    If WVU sucks, then everybody in the Big East outside of Pitt sucks worse.

Are there problems? Yes. But Bill Stewart cannot control how well everybody in the Big East is doing as well. The Big East in football is equivalent to the SEC in basketball. The worst major conference in one sport and completely dominant in the other.

If I were a WVU fan, I would be hoping the entire conference improves. Whoever wins out of that conference this season whether it be WVU or Pitt is likely looking to get demolished in a BCS bowl game, regardless of the other conference.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

If WVU sucks, then everybody in the Big East outside of Pitt sucks worse.

Are there problems? Yes. But Bill Stewart cannot control how well everybody in the Big East is doing as well. The Big East in football is equivalent to the SEC in basketball. The worst major conference in one sport and completely dominant in the other.

If I were a WVU fan, I would be hoping the entire conference improves. Whoever wins out of that conference this season whether it be WVU or Pitt is likely looking to get demolished in a BCS bowl game, regardless of the other conference.
    I disagree with that on two counts.

A) The SEC is not really that dominant this year in football. I would definitely classify this as a 'down year' for the SEC in terms of national power. Still probably the #1 conference, but not by a whole lot.

B) SEC basketball is on the rise. Georgia, Florida, Mississippi State, UT, and UK are all looking very strong. I think our league will be the overall strongest it has been in some time.

You get beat at home during Homecoming and you challenge the guys to come out and play like champions... and this is what you get? Something has got to change.

William Arthur Ward

That was a brutal half of football. I think the CAA will be lobbying for its champ to get an automatic BCS bid after watching Big East games like this all year.

It's almost comical at this point.

Can I take back what I said earlier this week?

Wow.

Edit: I type this and WVU fumbles two yards from scoring a TD.
    Last edited by WVRed; 10-29-2010 at 11:19 PM.

16-13 final, UConn wins in OT.

I'm not a WVU fan by any stretch, but Bill Stewart needs to go.

Those were two awful football teams. It's unbelievable that WV is that bad.

I refuse to watch another game until Mullen is removed from play calling. A defense gives up 13 pts in 4 quarters should have the luxury of knowing the offense can score 2 touchdowns and not botch it up. Every player needs to run through the dummies securing the football and practicing handoffs.

It's the BASICS that I have wailed on and on about Stew's entire tenure they never get better. We start fast, other team makes adjustments and were done.

We need to quit trying to make Geno into Pat White. There is only 1 Pat White, there will not be another one. We need to figure out what Geno can do better and he seems so much more comfortable looking down the field on the move, he has enough speed to be a threat to run that you have to respect but at the same time he's not trained to make plays with his feet as evidence of sliding a yd short.

I would call for more play action passes moving the pocket both ways giving Geno a run/pass option.

William Arthur Ward

I read the WVU scout board last night as the game ended. One of the threads was titled "Bill Stewart is crying, leave him alone". I think its since been deleted.

The more I think about it, the more I think Gus Malzahn would be a perfect fit in Morgantown. The guy is an offensive genius which WVU desperately needs. The pieces are certainly in place, they just need somebody new to make it happen.

I read the WVU scout board last night as the game ended. One of the threads was titled "Bill Stewart is crying, leave him alone". I think its since been deleted.

The more I think about it, the more I think Gus Malzahn would be a perfect fit in Morgantown. The guy is an offensive genius which WVU desperately needs. The pieces are certainly in place, they just need somebody new to make it happen.
    You gotta think he'll get better job offers this offseason, no?

Turn Off Ads?