Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 WVU Football

Re: 2010 WVU Football

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    You gotta think he'll get better job offers this offseason, no?
    What better jobs are going to be offered to a guy who has never been a head coach and has only been coaching collegiately for 5 years?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    What better jobs are going to be offered to a guy who has never been a head coach and has only been coaching collegiately for 5 years?
    His name is extremely hot right now. Stewart isn't exactly leaving the WVU program in a great spot for the next coach. It's not going to be the most desirable job.

His name is extremely hot right now. Stewart isn't exactly leaving the WVU program in a great spot for the next coach. It's not going to be the most desirable job.
    But seriously, what programs are going to have openings that will go for a coach who's never been a head man before?

I think he'll be a head coach next year, almost assuredly if he wants to. I just don't think it will be at Georgia or Michigan or anywhere of that nature.

West Virginia? Vanderbilt? Minnesota? More realistic.

But seriously, what programs are going to have openings that will go for a coach who's never been a head man before?

I think he'll be a head coach next year, almost assuredly if he wants to. I just don't think it will be at Georgia or Michigan or anywhere of that nature.

I think he'd be better off riding out his job as an OC until a premier job opens up.

Look I'd want him in a heartbeat at WVU, I'm just trying to approach this with a sense of realism.

I think he'd be better off riding out his job as an OC until a premier job opens up.

Look I'd want him in a heartbeat at WVU, I'm just trying to approach this with a sense of realism.
    Guys with his resume don't generally get "premier" jobs as their first HC gigs.

I think he's too unconventional in offensive approach to start at a premier job.

My guess is the dominos will start when Rich Rod is canned. Jim Harbaugh and Les Miles will probably top the list, and if Les decides to leave this time, LSU could be a darkhorse candidate for Malzahn.

I only mention WVU for Malzahn because of the options that WVU has returning. Tavon Austin, Ryan Clarke, and Geno Smith would all thrive under Malzahn. I'm not comparing Geno to Cam Newton or even Austin and Clarke to McFadden and Jones, but the talent is clearly there for WVU to dominate. The playcalling however desperately neeeds to change.

Somewhat ironic that both Stewart and Rich Rod could be hitting the unemployment line at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Somewhat ironic that both Stewart and Rich Rod could be hitting the unemployment line at the same time.
    Ironic, yes, but not surprising at all. It was clear from day 1 that RR was a terrible fit for Michigan, and Stewart was a terrible fit for.... well.... anywhere.

Ironic, yes, but not surprising at all. It was clear from day 1 that RR was a terrible fit for Michigan, and Stewart was a terrible fit for.... well.... anywhere.
    I wanted to see Rodriguez succeed, but mostly because of my lack of affection for Ohio State and that I thought the spread option (which OSU had trouble containing) could completely change the face of the Big Ten. I will admit now that I was wrong.

I had a college professor who is the president of a pretty successful bank in West Virginia (ironic enough, Rich Rod ran an advertisement in which he said "I'm committed to West Virginia and so is my bank). He and Rodriguez are still friends but he made the comment that Ed Pastilong told him and Ken Kendrick (owner of the Arizona Diamondbacks and a big WVU booster) during the Fiesta Bowl that they were going to wait before hiring a new coach and sort through all the options. The next day, Stewart was hired as coach.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UC at WVU tomorrow. The winner still has hope for the conference championship. Go Cats!
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

I think they tried on that one play (down and then ruled a fumble), but it didn't matter. UC is going to be down for a long time.

I'm interested in seeing how the Louisville game goes.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how the Louisville game goes.
    I think it will be the kind of close, grinding, frankly boring game you would expect when two such mediocre teams collide.

This is the type of stuff I hear on the B&G news site that drives me absolutely batty. The questionable fumble came in the 2nd quarter. We had a FULL FREAKING HALF in order to return the favor and we get nearly shut down. Its this kind of stuff that I hear all the time from Stewart fans and I am sick of it.

Theres 100s of calls in EVERY game if this happened with like a minute to go in the 4th then you may have a point but it was still in the first half. The O played like crap but yet Im sure Stewart blamed the D for not getting the key turnover or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    This is the type of stuff I hear on the B&G news site that drives me absolutely batty. The questionable fumble came in the 2nd quarter. We had a FULL FREAKING HALF in order to return the favor and we get nearly shut down. Its this kind of stuff that I hear all the time from Stewart fans and I am sick of it.

Theres 100s of calls in EVERY game if this happened with like a minute to go in the 4th then you may have a point but it was still in the first half. The O played like crap but yet Im sure Stewart blamed the D for not getting the key turnover or whatever.
    They gave them a free 7 points. To act like that had no bearing on the game would be asinine.

And I'm far from a Stewart fan.

Turn Off Ads?