Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: What are you reading now?

Re-reading The Hobbit for a refresher before the movie comes out. It's been about 30 years.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Re-reading The Hobbit for a refresher before the movie comes out. It's been about 30 years.
    Need to do that as well... Here's my copy... Attachment 6371
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 04-07-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'm reading a Kindle book one of my friends wrote. "The Love Bomb" by Jacob Hackman. It's the true story of his relationship with his abusive ex-wife.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re-reading the Wheel of Time series (yes...again) getting ready for the conclusion coming in January. I've been waiting over 20 years to find out how this bloody story ends. And the Light willing, I'll see this Age come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Re-reading the Wheel of Time series (yes...again) getting ready for the conclusion coming in January. I've been waiting over 20 years to find out how this bloody story ends. And the Light willing, I'll see this Age come to an end.
    I'm re-reading the last two. I love the series but won't subject myself to some of those middle books again. The series was losing me before Brandon Sanderson signed on to bring it to a conclusion.

The last book was excellent and I have high hopes for the conclusion.

ASoIaF pretty much killed my interest in WoT. Not sure I could go back...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    ASoIaF pretty much killed my interest in WoT. Not sure I could go back...
    It's been great since Sanderson took over. Granted I love all his books so I might be biased.

Very excited to start Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by IU professor Douglas Hofstadter.

Also looking forward to digging into This Machine Kills Secrets by Andy Greenberg over break.

HELTER SKELTERby Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry. Read this back a number of years ago .I recently saw something from one of the reporters who followed the case back then on the biography channel. Figured id re read it don't remember all of the facts surrounding the case. I figured it was worth a read again that and i picked it up for $0.25

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

I am in the process of reading the 3rd book of the Hunger Games.

I just finished up 1776 and enjoyed it a great deal.

GL

started "Тома ранней истории" in my attempt to make myself more second-natured to cyrillic like i am with the Elder Futhark and the Futhorc alphabets. it's Icelandic "Volsunga Saga" translated into Russian. i figured going with something i am very familiar with would make learning it less annoying.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I just finished up 1776 and enjoyed it a great deal.

GL
    which 1776 book?
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

Very excited to start Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid by IU professor Douglas Hofstadter.

Also looking forward to digging into This Machine Kills Secrets by Andy Greenberg over break.

This Machine Kills Secrets was an interesting read. Some thought-provoking scenarios are laid out in there.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    which 1776 book?
    http://www.amazon.com/1776-David-McC.../dp/0743226720

Really enjoyed it.

GL

/listened to it as an audio book

If anyone wants any great reads...Read something by charles bukowski or Chuck Palahniuk..Both have their dark sense of humor..something i love...But Choke by Palahniuk or Invisible Monsters..Heard Rant was good too. Or Post office by Bukowski....Currently though I am reading The Hobbit...Great book so far..and coincidentally I left off at the same spot the movie did..with the book obviously being better than the movie so far

Turn Off Ads?