Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

Re: What are you reading now?

I usually keep an audiobook going, since I spend a lot of time commuting. I just started The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern, read by Jim Dale. If the beginning is any indication, this is going to really be a good one. I heard it called a women's book, and that kept me away from it for a while, but so far, I'm entranced.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    I love Cornwell. I've read most of his books. Last one was Death of Kings.
    This one is pretty good too. It continues the story of the archer, Thomas of Hookton. The culmination is the Battle of Poitiers, which I'm going to get to when I get back from church.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I usually keep an audiobook going, since I spend a lot of time commuting. I just started The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern, read by Jim Dale. If the beginning is any indication, this is going to really be a good one. I heard it called a women's book, and that kept me away from it for a while, but so far, I'm entranced.
    My wife read that and she recommended it to me. I enjoyed it very much. Great prose.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

My girlfriends sister got rid of a lot of fiction novels and gave them to me. I'm not usually into those kind of books but I looked at them and kept several. I kept several Catherine Coulter books and a few more. Currently I'm reading Point Blank and just finished Whiplash. I'm also reading Now You See Her by James Patterson. Not bad stuff. I like that the chapters are short. Also reading Due To Circumstances Beyond Our Control... by Fred Friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    "With" by Skye Jethani
    Witty signature.

Double Entry: How the Merchants of Venice Created Modern Finance
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

"Still Life With Woodpecker" by Tom Robbins. First book of his that I've read; very clever and witty but not sure if I love it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I just decided to read Uncle Tom's Cabin again. I read it 20 or so years ago and have a general knowledge of what it's about, but the first couple of chapters are more disgusting than what I remembered. This is something I definitely need to read again, I just hope I make enough time to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

The Blind Side, by Michael Lewis. As great as the movie is, the book is even better.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Just started World War Z to get ready for the movie. The storytelling is really remarkable.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Tom Brownings Tales from the Dugout. My wife got this for me for my birthday. Just started it and it seems to be a pretty good read.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Tom Brownings Tales from the Dugout. My wife got this for me for my birthday. Just started it and it seems to be a pretty good read.
    Would you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Would you recommend?
    Yes, I will probably finish it today at lunch or riding the subway home. Good and funny stories from Brownings days with the Reds. If you were a Reds fan in the 80's and early 90's it's well worth the time to read.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Just started World War Z to get ready for the movie. The storytelling is really remarkable.
    I've got a thing for Z-Poc novels and that is the smartest one I've read. I'm VERY afraid that the movie will a big time disappointment.
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed that. Joe Morgan's book was a good read as well.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Turn Off Ads?