Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now?

Re: What are you reading now?

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Just started "The Historian" and having trouble putting it down.
    I read this a couple years ago. *Excellent* novel! In fact, you're making me want to find my copy and read it again...

Kostova's second book The Swan Thieves is good too, not quite on a par with The Historian, but a worthy read.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I read this a couple years ago. *Excellent* novel! In fact, you're making me want to find my copy and read it again...

Kostova's second book The Swan Thieves is good too, not quite on a par with The Historian, but a worthy read.
    I dozed off driving to work this morning because I stayed up too late reading.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I dozed off driving to work this morning because I stayed up too late reading.
    Holy crud! Are you OK?

Yeah. I barely dozed off. The cold river woke me up.

(Uk)
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I loved the Historian. Some movie company bought the movie rights for like $1.5 mil several years back but it appears that the movie never made it out of script and is likely dead.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I loved the Historian. Some movie company bought the movie rights for like $1.5 mil several years back but it appears that the movie never made it out of script and is likely dead.
    That's what they said about Vlad.

That's what they said about Vlad.
    It took me a second, but nicely played, very nice.

"A Brief History of the Nordic Cultures: The Last European Pagans or the First Modern Europeans?"

yeah, i know. i just rarely enjoy novels but love history books and somewhat instructional books.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlord View Post
    "A Brief History of the Nordic Cultures: The Last European Pagans or the First Modern Europeans?"

yeah, i know. i just rarely enjoy novels but love history books and somewhat instructional books.
    Well, which were they?/

fwiw, from my limited knowledge I'd say they were a transitional culture, but in the long view, we all are.

Well, which were they?/

fwiw, from my limited knowledge I'd say they were a transitional culture, but in the long view, we all are.
    exactly. this is my third read-through of the book and i have learned new things each time; especially about the Lappish influence on the lingual-cultural aspects of Sweden and the asiatic shamanistic roots of the Old Nordic religions.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Just picked up Jon Meaghan's new book on Jefferson.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Just read One for the Road by Stephen King for the fiftieth time. Love that one.

I'm reading Banzai Babe Ruth about the All-Star Tour of Japan in the 1930s. I'm only three chapters in but it is pretty spectacular so far.

I'm apparently just letting autocorrect decide what I'm typing. The Jefferson book is by Meacham. Right now I'm spending more time with a Grant bio. Fascinating how he rose quickly based purely on his skill.

After being blown away by "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," I've just started Ken Kesey's second novel, "Sometimes a Great Notion."
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?